• 17(current)
Deprecated Missing Movie Scanner
You can keep the release name in there. Filebot will keep it, if you ask it to.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-12-27, 19:30)ribtin Wrote: Great add-on, but it would be a trillion times more useful if you could update the movie information directly from the output list.

Nicely said!

I found this thread while looking to see if there was any updates to the add-on to allow this. My refresh button is greyed out and I have 500 or so movies that won't scrape because I put the year infront of the movie when there is a collection to order it chronologically.
Is it possible, as first version work around, to link an list-entry through to the file location in the "file browser" (home > videos > sources)? This would be instead of opening the movie (which is not of much use to me).
From there it's possible to select the 'movie information' option with the 'refresh' option enabled, and I think also renaming of files (if this option is selected from the xbmc configuration settings).

This solution would allow for the user to choose either to rename the file or to rerun a db-search on the specific file/folder. Both are relevant situations for me (but even opening the movie would be possible).
Some files do not get found even if the title is mainstream or official because it's mention in the db the scraper uses is not 100% 'correct' (my conclusion after doing some research) and not the name I want to use. In such a case I want to be able to keep my file/folder name and rerun the search with the adjusted name which works for that particular db (for examp tvdb).

Love the add-on, it's a savior. I'm not much help with coding I'm affraid, and hopefully not repeating on some earlier thread-discussions / ideas Wink.
I’m not sure how hard it’s it add scheduling to this? If you could set it to run automatically once a week I think that would be very helpful.
Not working at all for me.
It used to. But now is just kinda broken.

When I start the scan it shows 0 missing files, but there is missing files. I believe the system is checking in the internal storage "/STORAGE/VIDEOS" when in the truth my files are stored on a HDD.
Anyway, someone can help me? A fix? Something?

Thanks
(2014-03-25, 18:40)urbanrider55 Wrote: I’m not sure how hard it’s it add scheduling to this? If you could set it to run automatically once a week I think that would be very helpful.

Yeah I'd like this also.
Hey Null pointer

Tranks for your addon. I thought I would try it out to fully polish my library. But as it turns out: the addon does not only check files in a video source but also in all sub directories. Please add an option to disable recursive scanning, just like in the source/scraping options in XBMC.

Thank you

edit: I created a pull request for this, if you dont mind. https://github.com/faush01/MissingMovieScanner/pull/2
I hope I got it right. pretty much the first time using git bash.
Hey

Thanks for this add-on, it is what i've looking for !

It detects well the missing movie in the database but how should i add manually to the database ?
If i press 'i' , it opens the menu and i can press refresh but nothing happens

If i go in the 'folders menu', i press 'i' , it offers me to place a custom name to scrap.
but it will be nice to do it within the add-on.

Thanks for your support
Hi,
add-on worked fine a while ago .. lately i'm having a strange problem:
Since my library got pretty bug i'm scanning source paths, but the biggest one (about > 12k files) stopped working. I'm still getting the scan window, it counts up to 12ksomething, disappears and nothing else is happening. Debug log just stops too. On other source paths it can take up to two minutes for the result dialog to appear too. Maybe some problem with xmbc 13.1?
(2014-06-21, 19:27)dahouet Wrote: It detects well the missing movie in the database but how should i add manually to the database ?
If i press 'i' , it opens the menu and i can press refresh but nothing happens

If i go in the 'folders menu', i press 'i' , it offers me to place a custom name to scrap.
but it will be nice to do it within the add-on.

I suggest you create a nfo file named like the move (in the folder) containing the IMDB link http://www.imdb.com/title/ttYOURmovie/
mymovie.mkv
mymovie.nfo

This way if you XMBC system goes bad you don't need to do it again.

also for home made videos you can add info in the nfo file

Code:
<movie>
        <title>Merry Christmas</title>
        <runtime>56 min.</runtime>
    <year>2012</year>
    <outline>visit 2012 my city</outline>
    <plot>some more details visit 2012 my city</plot>
</movie>

see here for info about nfo files http://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files
Amazing plugin!
I used it a lot on Xbmc, but on a fresh installation on Kodi, the plugin just doesn't see my Movies sources !
How to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance
Hummmm just updated my Android to Kodi 14.0 and the scanner will not work Sad Do I need to roll back to gotham 13.2 ?
One HTPC Windows 7 pro 64x running WMC with 2 HDhomeRun on Comcast 6 tuners with MCEbuddy
WD MyCloud 24TB over Netgear network | 6500 movies and 40,000+ TV Show episodes
Hi folks, hope this thread is still been watched! I have an M8 box and when I run the app it finds nothing, if i click on show source it has nothing. dont know where to find the log files on the M8 or even how to access them. I added my folders as per the wiki for local media, browse the hard drive folder, hit 'c' and then you can set content. All seems fine except I know for a fact movies are missing and the scanner doesnt seem to find my added sources? any help much appreciated, just to add, I am very new to this, i have only added some folders and changed the skin, im trying to keep things simple! I realise I could go through all the file names but its found movies that have no date on them so I was hoping this would make life a bit easyer and point me to the exact files that have probs rather than me renaming every one that has no date. For ref i have been following a strict name and file structure for the last year or so but I have a lot of old movies and I am trying to avoid too much work, I use media portal in my lounge and I have no probs sorting my library without renaming everything. Many thanks.

Oh bugger, looking at the last two posts it seems im not alone, my box is running Gotham 13.2.
(2015-01-25, 23:54)Rickt1962 Wrote: Hummmm just updated my Android to Kodi 14.0 and the scanner will not work Sad Do I need to roll back to gotham 13.2 ?

Just tried on windows 8.1 working fine.
Can you try to get a log?
I am getting a 32602 error every time I scan my media drive. Looking at the debug log file, it appears to be erroring on the recycle bin:

09:43:16 T:7896 ERROR: Failed to open(//#recycle/) opendir call failed with "NFS: READDIRPLUS of //#recycle failed with NFS3ERR_ACCES(-13)"
09:43:16 T:7896 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting nfs://192.168.1.88/volume1/Movies/#recycle/

My storage is a Synology drive that has the recycle bin feature enabled and restricted access to admins only. I only get the above error once every time I scan, and I am just ignoring it for now.

Adding "#recycle" to the Blacklisted words list has no effect. It would be nice if folders in the file path could be ignored via the blacklist config too.

This might get rid of this error, and it would also be useful for my extras folders. Currently I've added "- Extras" to all of my filenames and added it to the blacklist. Which works, but it would be cool to simply add a folder name containing all the extras.
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Missing Movie Scanner1