• 18(current)
Deprecated Missing Movie Scanner
Any way to exclude folders from the scan? I want to exclude video extras folders if possible.
(2015-04-13, 02:21)doovers Wrote: Any way to exclude folders from the scan? I want to exclude video extras folders if possible.

Just add it to the blacklist in the settings
(2015-04-13, 10:03)Razze Wrote: Just add it to the blacklist in the settings
I've tried adding the folder name but it didn't work. Short of renaming all the extra files I can't figure it out but maybe I'm missing something? Can you elaborate on how to do that please?
(2015-04-13, 10:05)doovers Wrote:
(2015-04-13, 10:03)Razze Wrote: Just add it to the blacklist in the settings
I've tried adding the folder name but it didn't work. Short of renaming all the extra files I can't figure it out but maybe I'm missing something? Can you elaborate on how to do that please?

Well can't really have a look right now. I think a screenshot of your config window might help.
It might as well be a bug in the addon.
Here's a screenshot of the MMS settings. Not sure if there's any special chars required to indicate that VideoExtras is a folder name though.
(2015-04-14, 14:49)doovers Wrote: Here's a screenshot of the MMS settings. Not sure if there's any special chars required to indicate that VideoExtras is a folder name though.

Well just had a look at the source code and the blacklist is only checking against filenames, not the directory names.

I can have a look later, but I don't know if this is maintained anymore and that might prevent us from pushing the changes to the official repo.
Yes exclusion of the VideoExtras folder would be a big help.
(2015-04-14, 15:07)Razze Wrote: Well just had a look at the source code and the blacklist is only checking against filenames, not the directory names.
Actually I just did some more testing and it turns out it does in fact work. Turns out there was a typo in the videoextras folder name I was testing! Feeling a bit stupid that I missed that!!
For info the filename param in the code is actually the full file path not just the name.
(2015-04-14, 23:38)doovers Wrote:
(2015-04-14, 15:07)Razze Wrote: Well just had a look at the source code and the blacklist is only checking against filenames, not the directory names.
Actually I just did some more testing and it turns out it does in fact work. Turns out there was a typo in the videoextras folder name I was testing! Feeling a bit stupid that I missed that!!
For info the filename param in the code is actually the full file path not just the name.

Well, badly named variables ruined my day. Again.
(2015-04-15, 02:14)Razze Wrote: Well, badly named variables ruined my day. Again.
I know the feeling!!
Hi doovers,

I was having the same problem as you. Can you give some more detail on how you got the Folder exclusion to work?

My portable drive it set up like this:

E:\MUSIC
E:\VIDEOS
E:\VIDEOS\MOVIES
E:\VIDEOS\TV
E:\VIDEOS\Unsorted Extras

Obviously I would like to exclude MUSIC and VIDEOS\Unsorted Extras

How would you include that in the blacklist?

I tried sample.,-trailer.,MUSIC,Unsorted Extras but no go.....

Any suggestion?
Thanks.
Well for a start you only add sources for the directories you want in your library, so the directories you ask about won't be scraped by mms anyway.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-05-31, 07:27)BubbaLovesTv Wrote: I tried sample.,-trailer.,MUSIC,Unsorted Extras but no go.....
Hmm thats essentially the same as I have it so it should work... Have you tried looking at the debug logs?
Just wanted to say this addon is amazing. I have 20TB worth of data so I'm constantly missing things that didn't get scrapped when I moved them over. I download so many random movies that I might want to watch one day and I forget I even downloaded them.
JSON-RPC method Files.GetSources doesn't work on my rpi2 osmc with/without mms plugin.
Anyone facing the same despite there's hundreds of movies in the library?
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Missing Movie Scanner1