• 20(current)
Deprecated Missing Movie Scanner
(2015-09-05, 13:17)Martijn Wrote:
(2015-09-05, 12:31)Wakey Wrote:
(2015-08-31, 18:30)takoi Wrote: Hi all. Upcoming update. Changes so far:

- Improved performance of scanning, and because of that all dialog popups has been removed. It now acts more like a regular plugin
- Added ability identify missing TV shows (not just episodes)
- Full unicode support
- Will now identify DVD and Bluray folders and ignore all the files that cannot be added to library anyway
- Improved detection of samples, trailers, extras and other false positives

Some features (such as writing to file) has been remove as I fail to see the use case for that. Since this is more or less a rewrite if would appreciate any testing before pushing to repo. Get zip here. Any wishes, feature requests?

Wow its amazing how you have managed to turn one of the best addons for Kodi and have managed to make it completely pointless.

Not only is the file output is gone (Seeing as you can't add to library from the addon it means jumping back and forth between the addon and the file section to manaually add them) but now its listing hundreds of files that it says are missing most of which are in my library.

Seems to be the trend at the moment of making upgrades that destroy things that were great(I've had some iOS and Android apps I use push supposed upgrades in the past week that have removed key features and have broken key features). Haven't people hard of the saying 'if it ain't broke don't fix it'

Edit Well I managed to revert it and by editing the files to make it seem like a different plugin prevented it from auto updating everytime I launch kodi so atleast I'm back to being able to use it correctly rather than getting hundreds of files that do exist listed. Only problem is I think I'm now on a version thats really old as the file output isnt putting line breaks

Thanks for making an utterly POINTLESS remark. If you don't like it stop using it.

I like the addon and don't want to have to stop using it which is why I commented on the poor changes that are preventing it doing its actual job now and for what ends up being a useful feature being removed with no consultation from the user.

My frustration is perfectly justified especially as anytime I tried to roll back it would just update itself with this stupid broken version.And even now I can't find the last version to actual roll back to. I've had to go to a really old version that has issues and then had to hack the bloody thing to prevent it updating
You don't own it you can't demand anything
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-09-05, 13:17)Wakey Wrote:
(2015-09-05, 13:14)takoi Wrote:
(2015-09-05, 12:31)Wakey Wrote: Wow its amazing how you have managed to turn one of the best addons for Kodi and have managed to make it completely pointless.

Not only is the file output is gone (Seeing as you can't add to library from the addon it means jumping back and forth between the addon and the file section to manaually add them) but now its listing hundreds of files that it says are missing most of which are in my library.

Seems to be the trend at the moment of making upgrades that destroy things that were great(I've had some iOS and Android apps I use push supposed upgrades in the past week that have removed key features and have broken key features). Haven't people hard of the saying 'if it ain't broke don't fix it'
Yeah thanks. Nobody is forcing you to update. You are free to use the old one forever if it works so well for you

Except you are forcing people to as it updates every single time you open Kodi. If it was a manual update that was needed then fine but you have taken the idiotic decision to break the core features, remove a good feature and then force the crap update on people.

I mean seriously I know you do this for free but its sheer incompetence on your side and even you doing it for free isn't an excuse for piss poor planning and unilateral decisions without asking the people who use its opinion
And piss poor testing of you sir since I actually posted it a week ago asking the people who use its opinion. What you are complain about isn't even true. You can rollback in gui, disable updates or you can edit version in addon.xml. It's a rewrite because it was in such a bad state. Some regression is expected, it'll be ironed out. File output has not been removed, and you can click info on your remote to manually add it without going to file section. Learn to use it.
(2015-09-05, 13:40)takoi Wrote:
(2015-09-05, 13:17)Wakey Wrote:
(2015-09-05, 13:14)takoi Wrote: Yeah thanks. Nobody is forcing you to update. You are free to use the old one forever if it works so well for you

Except you are forcing people to as it updates every single time you open Kodi. If it was a manual update that was needed then fine but you have taken the idiotic decision to break the core features, remove a good feature and then force the crap update on people.

I mean seriously I know you do this for free but its sheer incompetence on your side and even you doing it for free isn't an excuse for piss poor planning and unilateral decisions without asking the people who use its opinion
And piss poor testing of you sir since I actually posted it a week ago asking the people who use its opinion. What you are complain about isn't even true. You can rollback in gui, disable updates or you can edit version in addon.xml. It's a rewrite because it was in such a bad state. Some regression is expected, it'll be ironed out. File output has not been removed, and you can click info on your remote to manually add it without going to file section. Learn to use it.

Just as in the old version when you click info and try and add it from from addon it doesn't do it. Maybe it's something with my Kodi as the very reason I have to use your addon is because when I scan items in won't add some items but as soon I go to the file browser and click info it adds it fine. It's why I'm so annoyed about your changes though because after many many years of using Kodi about a year ago this issue made it almost unusable until I came across your addon which made finding the missing files simple. Now it's showing hundreds of files that aren't missing making finding the missing ones impossible and jumping between the file browser and addon to work my way through them is now taking hours of work.

And I have no option to rollback and then addon updates before I can disable auto updates. As I said in my edit I managed to put an old version in a different folder and then go through and name all references to the plugin folder to get it to work but I can't find anywhere to download the last version that worked so I'm stuck on a version with other issues

And where is the file output? Is it export? If so that just seems to get stuck with the loading/processing icon spinning. Maybe it's because there are so many to write now that it thinks files that are in the library are missing

As for saying it's my fault. I wasn't aware of the change and you didn't even wait a week before pushing it to the repo. Why didn't you wait until more people were aware of the change and had tried it and given feedback. About 2 or 3 people only made any comment on it before you pushed it to the repo.

And sorry if I come across as ungrateful. I'm just annoyed, I wasted so much time trying to find a solution to my scanning issue without anyone being able to give me any help and as I said your addon was a life saver as I was close to having to bin Kodi despite spending years fine tuning my setup to be perfect for my needs and then this morning I've had to spend many hours finding the actual missing files again due to the changes and then more time trying to find the last version to revert and now even more time trying to fix the really old version that I found on GitHub which was the only version with the old functionality I could find
(2015-09-05, 11:58)takoi Wrote:
(2015-09-05, 10:42)rob_webset Wrote:
Code:
DEBUG: [plugin.video.mms] source 'smb://HP-MICROSERVER/Films' identified as movie source
DEBUG: [plugin.video.mms] skipping 'A Beautiful Mind (2001)\Extras'. blacklisted directory
It looks like a problem with the windows specific paths. I coded that blindly. It shouldn't mix \ with smb:// path. Could you post the rest of the "[plugin.video.mms] source .." lines and dump the output of http://localhost:8080/jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc": "2.0", "id": 1, "method": "VideoLibrary.GetMovies", "params": {"properties": ["file"]}}

Thanks for the tip Smile

I have had a little bit of a play and have someting that works. If in the file fsutils.py you add:

Code:
def normalize_separator(sep, name):
    rep_sep = b'/'
    if sep == b'/':
        rep_sep = b'\\'
    return name.replace(rep_sep, sep)

And then in "join" make the return statement:

Code:
return normalize_separator(sep, result)

Thanks

Rob
@Wakey

I think my previous post might solve one of your 2 issues you reported.

You may want to take a minute to think, your 2 issues:

1) Removal of Export/Save
2) Movies being listed even when they were in the libary

we both posted before your "rant":

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2094696

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2098250

And both posted in a supportive polite manner - I think you need a bit of an attitude adjustment!

"Friendly" posts will always get a more positive result!

Rob
(2015-09-05, 16:05)rob_webset Wrote: Thanks for the tip Smile

I have had a little bit of a play and have someting that works. If in the file fsutils.py you add:

Code:
def normalize_separator(sep, name):
    rep_sep = b'/'
    if sep == b'/':
        rep_sep = b'\\'
    return name.replace(rep_sep, sep)

And then in "join" make the return statement:

Code:
return normalize_separator(sep, result)

Thanks

Rob
Yeah thanks, I realized join might have been the culprit. (it was supposed to identify the separator to use. still not sure why that didn't work). Will post an update repo soonWink
Add-on version updated to 4.0.0
Still reports that all my movies and episodes is missing
Running Kodi 15.1 on W10 and all files on an SMB nas share
(2015-09-05, 21:47)T-bird_se Wrote: Add-on version updated to 4.0.0
Still reports that all my movies and episodes is missing
Running Kodi 15.1 on W10 and all files on an SMB nas share
That was just a dummy update. The one you want is 4.0.1
Ahh ok, waiting for new version then.
Thanks
Any news on an update yet? Worked perfectly before but since kodi 15 it says all my TV shows and movies are missing when I just scan movies SadSad really hoping it gets fixed like it was in kodi 14 as it was so useful. Thanks
(2015-09-21, 22:16)Turb3k Wrote: Any news on an update yet? Worked perfectly before but since kodi 15 it says all my TV shows and movies are missing when I just scan movies SadSad really hoping it gets fixed like it was in kodi 14 as it was so useful. Thanks
Need debug log (wiki). It was updated sep. 7. The only known issue currently is a couple of file extensions that probably shouldn't be enabled by default.
Hi,

I'm using Kodi 15.1 on Windows 8. I have read through this thread but can't seem to find an answer. This add-on worked when I was on Frodo but after installing Gotham on a fresh install (after a C:\ drive failure) & trying to use it on my rebuilt library, I can't seem to get correct results. Using 4.01 I get 0 files missing. If I rollback to the earliest version I get a list of ALL my files. If I then roll forward again & use the export feature I get a .txt file with a complete list of my TV & Movie libraries (which is actually quite useful Big Grin).

On the early version a '32603 error' occurred so I don't know if that has anything to do with it? I noticed on post #260 a screenshot of the settings that had a 'File extensions' option whilst the only 'File extensions' option I have is a blacklisted one. Is it returning zero files because it has no file extention options to check against?

Thanks

Martin

NB - Debug log added - http://xbmclogs.com/pr6z9kdmo
Hi,

I am using Kodi 15.1 on Windows 7 and I also get 0 files missing when scanning for missing movies or tv-series.
I looked in the debug log and the only interesting part I found seems this:
22:31:14 T:1448 DEBUG: [plugin.video.mms] source 'multipath://D%3a%5cMedia%5cMovies%5c/E%3a%5cMedia%5cMovies%5c' does not contain any known content. assuming content not set.

There definitely should be known content in there.
Are files extensions properly set in options?
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Missing Movie Scanner1