Missing Movie Scanner

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
metal450 Offline
When I go to "Missing movies," it reports many files that are located in directories with content not marked as movies (i.e. directories marked as "TV Shows," or with their content type not set).

Am I misunderstanding how this is supposed to be used? From what I can figure it seems like "Missing movies" should show files that appear in directories marked with content "movies," but that could not be identified by the scraper. As it is now, I get a huge list of every file that isn't a movie (include those that aren't meant to be)?
find quote
GreenDude Offline
Hi guys.

Not sure this is a dumb question or if it's been covered already.

I've found that MMS is ignoring '.nomedia' files. I've dug into the python code and it seems to me that the function call 'xbmcvfs.listdir(path)' simply isn't returning any filename that starts with a period, making the search for '.nomedia' somewhat problematical.

I've hacked together my own workaround, but I'm curious - is this changed behavior? Did this ever work right? Is it working for anyone else?

I'm running Kodi on Windows 10, and my sources are accessed through smb, if that makes a difference.

EDIT: Using Jarvis 16.1, and MMS 4.0.5
(This post was last modified: 2016-08-04 02:33 by GreenDude.)
find quote
GreenDude Offline
(2016-03-01 10:14)metal450 Wrote:  When I go to "Missing movies," it reports many files that are located in directories with content not marked as movies (i.e. directories marked as "TV Shows," or with their content type not set).

Am I misunderstanding how this is supposed to be used? From what I can figure it seems like "Missing movies" should show files that appear in directories marked with content "movies," but that could not be identified by the scraper. As it is now, I get a huge list of every file that isn't a movie (include those that aren't meant to be)?
Have you placed your 'TV Shows' directory within your 'Movies' directory, or otherwise specified your 'Movies' source as having too wide a scope?

It wouldn't hurt to post your 'sources.xml' file here.
find quote