[ATV2] Airplay from iTunes won't work?
Question 
Just tried airplay from iTunes instead of iPhone and when click on the button I get the list of: Computer, Apple TV, XBMC@Apple-TV which is fine and exactly the same as my iPhone.

Clicking on XBMC one does absolutely nothing where as using the normal Apple TV one it works fine (the only problem there is it seems to always crash XBMC after about 2 minutes). Has anyone else noticed this and is it an iTunes problem more than a XBMC one?
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
I get the same thing with my iPhone on AirPlay. It works fine within Atv but not in xbmc even though I turn off AirPlay in Atv and enable it in xbmc.
ahh right ... and your itunes is running on what? and your iphone runs on ios version what?

and its normal that xbmc crashs when using native airplay ... this is impossible without crashing...

beside that ... on the mac with itunes deactivate the ipv6 stack and streaming to xbmc should start working...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
My iPhone is running iOS 5.0.1. If you can't use the native AirPlay what can you use? My iPhone isn't jailbroken.

Sorry to hijack your thread deanmv.
It was more of an enquiry as to if it was a common problem but should have included that,

MacBook Pro: (no work)
OS X 10.7.2
iTunes 10.5.2

iPhone 4: (works)
iOS 5.0.1

ATV2:
iOS 4.4.4
XBMC: Eden Beta 1

Just updated ATV to 4.4.4. anyway so I can use iCloud now but was more of an awareness post to see if it was a bug.
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
Troyp42 Wrote:My iPhone is running iOS 5.0.1. If you can't use the native AirPlay what can you use? My iPhone isn't jailbroken.

Sorry to hijack your thread deanmv.

XBMC integrated airplay works only if native airplay is turned off. So you can use either the one or the other ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
deanmv Wrote:It was more of an enquiry as to if it was a common problem but should have included that,

MacBook Pro: (no work)
OS X 10.7.2
iTunes 10.5.2

iPhone 4: (works)
iOS 5.0.1

ATV2:
iOS 4.4.4
XBMC: Eden Beta 1

Just updated ATV to 4.4.4. anyway so I can use iCloud now but was more of an awareness post to see if it was a bug.

K as i said ... you have to deactivate the ipv6 stack in lion somehow (google) ... this should make it work then ...
I have native airplay switched off. I can see the airplay@xbmc option in my iPhone but when I select it nothing happens and I don't see my photos on xbmc. Sometimes my iPhone shows the grey airplay screen and sometimes it doesn't but either way none of the iPhone contents appears in xbmc
well i have no idevice with ios 5 yet ... so you have to be patient until i get time to update my ipad and am able to reproduce the issue then ... i have in mind that someone else already mentioned a problem with airplay + xbmc + ios 5
Mine is working now. Don't know why it wouldn't the other day. Only problem is a video clip I shot holding the phone vertically plays back on xbmc rotated 90 degrees to the left.
Troyp42 Wrote:I have native airplay switched off. I can see the airplay@xbmc option in my iPhone but when I select it nothing happens and I don't see my photos on xbmc. Sometimes my iPhone shows the grey airplay screen and sometimes it doesn't but either way none of the iPhone contents appears in xbmc

same problem here

running iOS 5.0.1 jailbroken iPhone 4

streaming music from iPhone works
streaming music from iTunes (Mac) does not work or only for 10-20 seconds and afterwards xbmc crashes

edit: streaming from iPhone doesn't work with EDEN anymore ... same problem as running from my mac - crash after 10-20 seconds grrrrrr

tried enableing/disabling native airplay in the "native" apple tv settings and rerunning ... but either i won't hear ANY sound at all or it crashes after 10-20 seconds

when i was still on 4.3. AirPlay within XBMC worked perfectly ... but only when i was streaming from my iPhone. using itunes on my mac with AirPlay on xbmc did not at all work. also (on 4.3) I did not deactive "native" AirPlay. I just clicked on airplay@xbmc ( can't remember the exact description) and it worked out of the box ... but only from my iPhone.

again:
iPhone 4 - iOS 5.0.1 jailbroken
Mac running Lion (latest iTunes)
Apple Tv on 4.4.4. latest seas0npass with XBMC Eden Beta
i think the airplay feature was more for devices that dont have native airplay support.

i wouldnt even use the xbmc one unless your using it on a non ios device personally.
iOS XBMC users PLEASE use the advanced search function before starting a new thread. Make sure to click on 'XBMC for iOS Specific Support' so your results are narrowed down correctly.

Please make sure to visit the Sticky section for common issues/questions/etc. Also, XBMC for iOS information
@iLLNESS

unfortunately that does not work.
1. when i click on apple tv in iTunes - that means it is the native apple tv airplay, is this correct?
2. when i click on xbmc@appletv in iTunes (or something like that) - that means it is the xbmc airplay "app" - is this correct?

In case #1 there is no sound at all.
In case #2 there is sound but only for round about 10-20 seconds before xbmc crashes "to desktop"

edit:

hm ....very strange - after a reboot of the apple tv via ssh airplay via native airplay without xbmc via iTunes from mac works smoothly

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV2] Airplay from iTunes won't work?0