small freezes with ubuntu 11.10 and eden beta1
Hello,

I'm noticing very small freezes with eden beta 1 on ubuntu 11.10 (fresh minimal install).
While playing movies, every +-10 seconds I see a small freeze.
It's no framerate jitter, both my tv and htpc switch to the correct framerate (23.974 , 24, 50 or 60 hz).
There is also nothing to see in the debug log, and the dropped frames counter doesn't raise.

I can also see the freezes in the main menu, for example the RSS feed at the bottom scrolls smoothly but freezes every 10 seconds for a very short instant.

I was running Dharma before the update, without any issues.

Any ideas?
Tijntje Wrote:Hello,

I'm noticing very small freezes with eden beta 1 on ubuntu 11.10 (fresh minimal install).
While playing movies, every +-10 seconds I see a small freeze.
It's no framerate jitter, both my tv and htpc switch to the correct framerate (23.974 , 24, 50 or 60 hz).
There is also nothing to see in the debug log, and the dropped frames counter doesn't raise.

I can also see the freezes in the main menu, for example the RSS feed at the bottom scrolls smoothly but freezes every 10 seconds for a very short instant.

I was running Dharma before the update, without any issues.

Any ideas?

I've got the same thing. Doesn't seem to matter what type of video either. 1080p mkv or smal avi.

EDIT: I'm on win7 though.
I'm also seeing this, worked fine in Dharma smooth as a button.

Tried all the various video playback settings. When I play a video with the video diagnostic display on you can see the missing frame syncs (0 dropped frames) and its nearly bang on every 10 seconds.

When viewing in debug mode you can see the framerate drop from 24fps down to 21~23 around the same time.

I'm using eden on xbmcbuntu

EDIT: finally got this working and smooth again. I changed my audio settings and it done the trick, the audio output had a few entries for HDMI so I changed that to a different one that also worked, and changed the audio passthrough to custom. I also enabled 'Adjust display refresh rate to match video'. The menu's are now sitting around 30fps (was 60 previously) and the video's sit at a constant 24fps. Hope this helps someone else out.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
small freezes with ubuntu 11.10 and eden beta10