Updated to Eden. Still buffering.
I have been having a lot of trouble getting my atv2 to Play DVD rips (video_ts) without buffering or other choppyness. I re ajilbrome and installed Eden with high hoped that I would help but it didn't seem to at all.

I have applied all the suggested setting from the FAQ... Audio output to coax even if you are using hdmi, audio out to 16 bit, do not generate thumbnails... All that stuff. And still my DVD rips are skipping and buffering.

I am at a loss on what to do. I remember reading about a way to enable a dirty regions setting that would speed things up in per Eden nightly builds. It had heard it was really buggy. I also read that this now works in Eden. Is the dirty regions setting enabled by default in Eden or do I have to enable it. Maybe that would help?
change from wifi to wired
I am already on wired. Gigabit Ethernet.
Same here
Xbmc goes shoppy while atv mediaplayer plays flawless
All this happend after the latest update of xbmc

Any ideas?
The ATV2 can play h264 encoded files using HW decoding. - any other format will be decoded using SW.

Suggest you try ripping the DVD using Handbrake to a h264 encoded mkv and then try that.

All my dvd's and bd's are ripped to h264 mkv files, up to and over 10gb in size and I have no buffering issues from my ftp source (using solwise 200mb power line lan adapters)
QNAP TS670 NAS - 4x4TB Raided with NFS Support & Central MySQL DB
Pi 3 [Xbian] - Samsung 46" ES7000 Smart TV & HT-E5550 3D BD Sound System
Pi 3 [Xbian]  + Hyperion Ambilight- Samsung 48" Curved UE48JS9000 4k
PowerEthernet T1502 Powerline adapters
I would really rather not re-encode my entire 200+ title collection of movies. It would just take forever. My PC is a few years old and takes up to 8 hours sometimes to encode a movie for atv2 with handbrake.

And the past few days, every time i try to rip a dvd for ATV2 using handbrake, i come pack to it a few hours later and the system has rebooted. so it seems that handbrake is crashing my system. How do i even begin to troubleshoot that one? is there a log somewhere for handbrake?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Updated to Eden. Still buffering.0