2 beginner questions
Question 
Hi,
I'm Installed this software and like it very much.

My HTPC setup:
I have GA-MA78GM-S2H board with 2GB connected to BenQ SH4231 with HDMI cable (for video) and with SPDIF to RX-V530 for sound
and MCE remote
Installed on new formatted windows 7.

I have 2 problems that I will be grateful if you will guide me how to solved:

1. I have MUTE sign in the right up corner but I can hear sounds on movies.. (I even get DTS sign on my receiver) - the problem is that when I play content using plugins ... (from direct sites) the movies play OK but NO SOUND - while the movie playing I can see a PCM sign in the receiver but no sound at all (even try to level up vol to 100% :p) - how can I rid of the mute sing and get some soundHuh

2. according to mce remote... -> how can I setup him to XBMC (in windows media center the I button work and in XBMC no... Sad)

many thanks for your help.
The remote you have is a VRC-1100, and for some reason the i button on this remote sends a right mouse click, which isn't very useful. In the current release of XBMC, v10.1, you can't change the right mouse click action, but if you upgrade to the v11.0 beta you can configure a right mouse click to display Info.

JR
Question 
I'm currently on EDEN... How can I configure this?

and do you know why I get no sound?

Thanks for your help.
Press Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

notepad "%APPDATA%\XBMC\userdata\keymaps\mouse.xml"

Click OK, and answer Yes when you're asked to create a new file, and Notepad will start. Copy and paste the following into Notepad.

Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <mouse>
      <rightclick>info</rightclick>
    </mouse>
  </global>
</keymap>

Close Notepad and save the changes. You should find that the i button (and a mouse right click) now display the info.

As for the sound, press F8 to toggle the mute. Note that if you're using digital audio this is not affected by the XBMC volume because XBMC just supplies the digital stream from the media. This explains why you get sound even though the sound is apparently muted. I don't know why sound isn't working from the add-ons.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2 beginner questions0