• 2(current)
Newb first build?
Cool will order the rest in the morning then.
yeah dont worry man, all will fit nicely
Ordered the apex mi-008, asrock mobo, scythe fan, pioneer BD player, and suggested cables . Should all be here Tuesday . The only thing left is Windows 7 64bit to buy .
1QWK510 Wrote:scythe fan.
If you ordered that 800rpm Scythe case fan, you might be running hot. I'm using the same fan with 1400rpm with more air flow, and I'm still running a little hot with the same case. I have a less powerful (E350M1) and less components in it too. Smile
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Oops I didn't catch that, I went by the number list in the build guide. It's actually on 500rpm according to amazon should I cancel and switch it for another? If so which model?
1QWK510 Wrote:Oops I didn't catch that, I went by the number list in the build guide. It's actually on 500rpm according to amazon should I cancel and switch it for another? If so which model?
I don't think that 500rpm draw enough air to cool inside a very tight case. This is the one I have in my case- post #9.
i wouldnt worry 1QWK510, the SCYTHE u got is fine...

but this new SilenX model does look amazingly balanced!

[FAN: 120mm] SilenX EFX-12-15 1400RPM 74CFM 15dBA ($12 + $3)

Smile
I was able to cancel the 500rpm, I'll order the silenx you suggested from newegg.
i believe these are pretty new as i would have noticed them by now Tongue

i'll probably swap the SCYTHE fan from my mini-ITX builds for this new SilentX model!

anyhow, your HTPC will rock 1QWK510!!

Smile
1QWK510 Wrote:I was able to cancel the 500rpm, I'll order the silenx you suggested from newegg.
You'll be very happy with Silenx. It draw almost twice the air flow as Scythe and it is very silent (14dBA at 1400rpm with 72CFM is probably the best on the market) too! Smile
indeed, that SilenX truly pawns the competition!! FTW!!
I can't wait till everything gets here Tuesday . Will keep you posted.
plz do! pics / vidz Tongue
whats your total cost all in all ??

and u really needed bluray burning capabilities?
Will be at $650 total after I pick up the 2tb green and Win7 this weekend. And yes I need the bluray burner. I have a pretty large collection. About 400 dvd's and bluray collection is growing . I plan to just burn my dvd library to the 2tb and hold off on the bluray backups till I build my nas( when hdd prices come back down). Thinking probably a 10 drive unRAID setup. Do you see a problem with the bluray burner ?
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newb first build?0