Feature Request - Cycling Extrathumbs For Movies
Question 
Hello Big_Noid....first and foremost, thanks for all the great work on Aeon Nox! It's a terrific skin and I just got it up and running on the Eden Beta.

I was wondering if you might consider adding a cycling toggle for extrathumbs in Movies? My favorite view (from the old Aeon Days), was to have Showcase with four thumbs and have each of the thumbs randomly change every few seconds. It really brought the view to life.

I know one of the main objections to this originally was that you could potentially have the same thumb in two or more slots. But for those of us who create a bunch of thumbs for each movie (I generate about 100+ per movie), it never happens.

I know you probably get a bunch of requests, but just thought I would ask nicely and see if you might be willing to help on this!

In any case, thanks again for making Aeon Nox such a kick-ass skin!
I am not going to include it in the skin, as most people only have 4 thumbs max. You can mod it yourself though, it's not that hard.
In 720p/Includes_Viewtypes.xml look for the include "ExtraThumbs" and change the 4 image controls to multiimage controls. As an example I changed one in below code sample:
Code:
<control type="multiimage">
          <posx>1</posx>
          <posy>1</posy>
          <width>243</width>
          <height>150</height>
          <aspectratio aligny="top">scale</aspectratio>
          <timeperimage>10000</timeperimage>
          <randomize>true</randomize>
          <fadetime>400</fadetime>
          <imagepath fallback="fallback.png" background="true">$INFO[ListItem.Path,,extrathumbs/]</imagepath>
        </control>

Note that I removed the bordertexture and bordersize tags and adjusted posx and posy with +7 and width and height with -14. This is because multiimage controls can't have bordertextures.
Smile 
Super cool....thanks a bunch. I will give it a try!

I am surprised that there are not more people who like this idea, but certainly appreciate your help.

Thanks again!

Tony

Edit: Made the changes and it's working!
I first had the same idea however i now only use the views without the panel
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Yeah, I understand. But I spent a long time generating 100+ thumbs for all of my movies, so I really want to see them!!! Smile

Now that I've got it running again, I love it! I was super easy to add once I got the pointers from Big_Noid (Thanks again)

If anyone wants the modified viewtypes.xml, I'd be happy to post it.
Tuckerdude Wrote:Yeah, I understand. But I spent a long time generating 100+ thumbs for all of my movies, so I really want to see them!!! Smile

Now that I've got it running again, I love it! I was super easy to add once I got the pointers from Big_Noid (Thanks again)

If anyone wants the modified viewtypes.xml, I'd be happy to post it.

Remember that when the skin gets updated you will lose your changes. So better write them down Wink
Ha...good point! I've backed up the original includes, but should backup my mods.

I guess that brings up the question of how often to update the skin? And I assume no updates take place unless I ask them to.

Happy New Year!!!
Tuckerdude Wrote:Ha...good point! I've backed up the original includes, but should backup my mods.

I guess that brings up the question of how often to update the skin? And I assume no updates take place unless I ask them to.

Happy New Year!!!
Depends if you enable auto update Wink
When you use the passion-repo(SVN) version of Aeon Nox it will be very often.

When using the xbmc-repo only when BigNoid sends out a bugfix version
Really glad I've been trawling through all the threads., I'd love this feature so will have a go myself if its unlikely to be supported. This will me my first attempt and amending an xml file so fingers crossed.
Smile thanks for this...have just tried and works great.

I can see why you wouldn't put it in automatically due to if you have only four thumbs it duplicating. Any thoughts on whether it could be set up so if there are say only four thumbs it could recognize this and stop the randomizing?

Also beyond this..I'd had been thinking for some time about whether you could have multi posters or banners. The thought came to me a while back when I created around 30 thumbs and banners for Avengers Assemble on the Fanart.tv site.

I like them all so I'd considered whether you could create rolling views so each time you popped to a movie it was always something new.

Could the above principal be used to do this? Is there an xml file for the image say in shift where we could mirror the same effect?
Not sure if anyone is reading this thread due to the subject however I have solved the issue of only having four thumbs and ensuring that during randomization the same picture never comes up - so each of the four thumbs will ALWAYS have a different picture.

So in the extrathumbs folder on your PC, instead of thumb1.jpg, thumb2.jpg etc, you create thumb1 folder, thumb2 folder and so on. Then you can add different unique thumbs into each of these. So if you only have four then you have one in each.

Then in 1080i/Includes_Viewtypes.xml I have amended as above but with one difference in the last line. Instead of 'extrathumbs/thumb1.jpg' you can place 'extrathumbs/thumb1'

<imagepath fallback="fallback.png" background="true">$INFO[ListItem.Path,,extrathumbs/thumb1]</imagepath>

so total path on mine now reads as below....

<control type="multiimage">
<posy>69</posy>
<width>377</width>
<height>206</height>
<aspectratio aligny="top">scale</aspectratio>
<timeperimage>10000</timeperimage>
<randomize>true</randomize>
<fadetime>400</fadetime>
<imagepath fallback="fallback.png" background="true">$INFO[ListItem.Path,,extrathumbs/thumb1]</imagepath>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Feature Request - Cycling Extrathumbs For Movies0