Help. Bios problem.
Hi guys, I've got a major problem with my brand new gigabyte GA-A75M-S2V motherboard, it arrived on friday with the rest of parts for my custom HTPC, once I put it together the computer initially worked, i installed windows 7, xbmc etc. Then the problems started. My case is the antec remote fusion max and comes with an lcd screen, when i connected it with the power adaptor to turn on the lcd screen, the computer refused to boot beyond the POST. I disconnected the power adaptor and resolved to just use the case without the lc screen, however, now my computer starts to POST, then trys to load the operating system and then displays 'Begin to load backup BIOS with latest image...' then one of two things happens: the dots either increase and the screen goes black or the screen then displays 'Writing latest image to bios backup...... and gets as far as about the third line of ... before rebooting and looping round again in a theoretically infinite loop. This is a major problem, this is a brand new board and i would rather not return it.
As further information, the HTPC has an AMD A6 APU, 4GB DDR3 RAM and a OCZ Agility 3 60GB SSD with two Seagate 1TB drives in software RAID 0. if anyone can help I would be eternally grateful, I have already tried flashing the BIOS with the latest firmware F5 using Gigabytes QFLASH utility to no avail.
HTPC: AMD A6-3500, 4GB RAM, OCZ Agility 3 90GB SSD, 2 1TB Hard Drives in RAID 0, nVidia GeForce 8400GS (soon to be replaced), Logitech Wireless Mouse and Keyboard, XBMC Eden 11.0
LAPTOP: Apple Macbook Pro 15, Late 2011 Model, 2.2Ghz Intel Core i7, AMD Radeon HD 6750M & Intel HD 3000, 8GB RAM, OCZ Vertex 2 240GB SSD, XBMC Eden 11.0
iPhone 4S 16GB with iTunes Match

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help. Bios problem.0