Improve HTPC
Miguelbx Wrote:Also why do u allways use AMD A6-3500 processor and that asus mb?

asus or asrock?
asrock*

Srry, I've been watching your threats more carefully,searching the net and see prices. now im Divided between:

[Mini-ITX] Celeron-G530 (2x2.4Ghz) + GT210 ($244)
[Mini-ITX] A6-3500 (3x2.1Ghz/2.4Ghz) + HD6530D ($244)

The AMD version seems good about the APU capability witch seems to decrease power wastes. Although i dont "trust" in AMD technology, im not really into is hardware quality, ive hear some stories about their quality..

In the intel version i dont like the fact of buying a GPU and having a MB with a onboard dual screen GPU, its like buying 2 GPU's. The mb also is cable of wirless, its not like something i must have but its good tough.

I like the fact of having a HDMI port on both.

Witch one cosumes less energy overall?

Quote:again, thats also 'said' in my HTPC guide why Miguelbx
read..

I'm seeing your guides but "Powering ON and OFF your HTPC using a Remote" was not important for me. I've seen more info about SDD, and im not completely convinced, once it has high cost. The performance is the same with a usb flash?

Ill post more later, TY by your support and patience. (also srry by my English)
AMD APU will drain less W.

check youtube videos about win7 booting SSD
I've seen that. But the performance is exactly the same as an usb flash drive right?

Because i can buy a 16GB flah drive for less 30 euros than an 16GB SSD.
uhm, no, SSD is wayy faster then a USB flash drive
I see there are deferences but i cant understand why...
I've see this opinion in several forums
Quote:There is no difference between a SSD and "Flash memory". As akm3 said a SSD is just a bunch of flash memory + controller in a box that has common hard drive dimensions.

Alghtoug i think there are acctually a significat diference. I'v seen that flah memories go around 30MB/s and SSD 300MB/s.

So guess is not true.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Improve HTPC0