problem with disabled buttons in options menu
I have been struggling with a problem that has been reoccurring for some time now. It has lead me to rewrite my code for the options menu (the menu where you set the viewtype, filter, sorting, etc.) several times, but I just can't seem to shake it off. Now that I found this problem occurs in other skins too, I believe the problem to be XBMC's.

A specific scenario:

I go into video add-ons and I bring up the options menu, everything works fine. Then I go into an add-on (I tested this mainly with the Youtube add-on). And press left to bring up the options menu again. The problem presents itself when the sorting method and sorting direction buttons are disabled:

Here I am not able to skip from "hide watched" to "choose viewtype" because the buttons for sorting are disabled. I am also not able to skip from "choose viewtype" to "hide watched". Even if I make the sorting buttons' visibility conditional by using Control.IsEnabled() the selection will simply not skip over the disabled items.

When I use a keyboard shortcut to reload the skin, the sorting buttons are not greyed out anymore, and they look to be enabled. Then I am able to skip to them. Selecting them however, will not perform the actions they are meant for.

When I go back to the homescreen, reload the skin, and use a home menu shortcut directly into the youtube add-on, the problem I described will not occur. The sorting buttons are disabled, but I am able to skip over them.

At first I thought the problem had to with the fact that I load the options menu from an include, so I moved the code for this into MyVideoNav.xml directly, but the problem persisted.

After some testing with other skins (Neon, Night, Cirrus) I found this problem could be produced with these skins as well. It seems the problem is related to my and those skins using a grouplist for the options menu, whereas Confluence uses a group of buttons with absolute positioning. The problem does not occur with Confluence.

The reason for using a grouplist is mainly because I don't want to use absolute positioning. Using a grouplist allows me to hide buttons when they have no function in a certain content type or add-on.

So, having looked over my code numerous times, checking all the ID's and conditions I really can't find errors in my skin here. Coupled with being able to reproduce this with other skins, I feel something's wrong with xbmc here.

I would appreciate if this could be looked into.
I wonder if it's anything to do the problem I had with grouplists and disabled items?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=112767

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
problem with disabled buttons in options menu0