One stop solution for bitstreaming w/ XBMC (hardware and software)
Low power consumption, low noise and yet powerful HTPC:

1. Case/PSU: SilverStone SG06B (top notch quality with very good PSU and fan in it)
2. APU: AMD Quad-Core A6-3600 or AMD A6-3500 Llano 2.1GHz (2.4GHz Max Turbo) (low power and will playback everything you throw at it)
3. MOBO: ASRock A75M-ITX FM1 (it'll allow you to turn off/on HTPC with IR/MCE remote)
4. Memory: Crucial Ballistix sport 4GB (2 x 2GB) (4GB is the magic number for W7 64-bit)
5. SSD: Patriot Torqx 2 PT232GS25SSDR 2.5" 32GB (enough for W7 64-bit with room to spare)
6. BD-ROM: Panasonic UJ240 6x Blu-ray Burner
7. CPU Cooler- Scythe SCKZT-1000

XBMC RC2:
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup

It'll playback all BD files at the highest 1080P video with DTS-HD/TrueHD audio! Smile
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Nice jobNod
Hey Blu... thanks for the info on how to use external players with XBMC in order to bitsream HD audio... But after using this option for awhile I find it quite sloppy to have an external player pop-up in place of XBMC. Still trying to figure out why XBMC did'nt include this feature in the EDEN beta1 to play HD files natively without having to use work-arounds!! I also heard that there are no plans to offer this feature in the final release.. XBMC is awesome, but lack of HD audio bitstreaming is HUGE!!!
hey CpTHOOK, have u tried the AudioEngine branch build of XBMC?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx2zU2kWW34
eskro Wrote:hey CpTHOOK, have u tried the AudioEngine branch build of XBMC?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx2zU2kWW34

Hey Bro, HNY...

No I have not....didnt even know about it. From what I just read on the YouTube site the VidPoster says it should be included in an EDEN release later this year.. Did he mean 2011 or 2012? Regardless.. I will give it a shot when I get home tonight.. Not getting my hopes up tho', the last preEDEN HD audio version that BluRay told me about was not compatible with my reciever. Hopefully your suggestion works....will keep you posted! I guess the download is on the developers page... could you post a linkto it for me really quick.. I quess I'm lazy, plus i'm at work!Wink!
i've yet to find a link to the build o.O
eskro Wrote:i've yet to find a link to the build o.O
What link?
AudioEngine
CpTHOOK Wrote:Hey Blu... thanks for the info on how to use external players with XBMC in order to bitsream HD audio... But after using this option for awhile I find it quite sloppy to have an external player pop-up in place of XBMC. Still trying to figure out why XBMC did'nt include this feature in the EDEN beta1 to play HD files natively without having to use work-arounds!! I also heard that there are no plans to offer this feature in the final release.. XBMC is awesome, but lack of HD audio bitstreaming is HUGE!!!
I tried Boxee, Xtreamer, XBMC, Shark07, etc and everything else available, but there is nothing can bitstream more fluent than the standalone players (MPC-HC, TMT5 and PDVD11).

If you want TMT5/PDVD11 to playback just blu-ray .bdmv/.iso files and PlayDisc option, and you want XBMC to playback all other files (.m2ts/.mkv/.avi/.mp3), you can use this Playercorefactory file- (playercorefactory.xml).
eskro Wrote:AudioEngine
I believe that I tried it last August, but it is very buggy. I thought that I remember the link, but I could not find it anywhere tonight. Maybe, they took it down!
bluray Wrote:I believe that I tried it last August, but it is very buggy. I thought that I remember the link, but I could not find it anywhere tonight. Maybe, they took it down!

Dammit MAN!!! Thanks anyway guys... maybe some kind sole will read this post and provide the link for the AudioEngine!! I am using the Playercorefactory setting currently. It works well and plays media great and the HD Audio works fine... but would rather this feature be incorporated within XBMC natively.. Guess all i can do is hope!!
strange that such a feature isnt already available natively.
Yes.....very strange! But it prolly has to do with licensing of the HD Audio formats within XBMC you think?
http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=479.0
eskro Wrote:http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=479.0

Eskro

Thanks for posting the link to this info but unfortunately the links that the poster provides to the install files are currently dead...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
One stop solution for bitstreaming w/ XBMC (hardware and software)0