One stop solution for bitstreaming w/ XBMC (hardware and software)
should have checked those, damn, sorry :/
one thing i know is that the DSplayer XBMC branch should let u Bitstream HD-Audio
since it uses FFDHOW TRYOUTS

Pre-eden XBMC with DSPlayer info here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=106629
You can try this:
http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=479.15

Im at work so not able to open the link to check it but it seems that is the last one posted.

Or you can try the dsplayer build if you are using xbmc for windows. It is in the long thread under the xbmc for windows section.

Or you can wait until the audio engine starts to show up in the nightlies, which from what I read on here shouldnt be to long from now.
CpTHOOK Wrote:Yes.....very strange! But it prolly has to do with licensing of the HD Audio formats within XBMC you think?
Gnifs is working on to improve his July version in my signature. To me, it's the only version that will not require any extra messy code. I'm sure that when he is done with it the new version it will work with your AVR. In the meantime, use the working external player to bitstream for now, and hang in there tight. You're almost there! Smile
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
bluray Wrote:3. MOBO: ASRock A75M-ITX FM1 (it'll allow you to turn off/on HTPC with IR/MCE remote)

Unfortunately the MOBO has several poor reviews at newegg. Lots of people mention BIOS corruption issues, rendering the board useless.

There are Firmware updates available for the BIOS, but none of them indicate that they resolve this issue.
Sureguy Wrote:Unfortunately the MOBO has several poor reviews at newegg. Lots of people mention BIOS corruption issues, rendering the board useless.

There are Firmware updates available for the BIOS, but none of them indicate that they resolve this issue.
There is always bad apple in every product. If it is bad, contact the manufacture for help or return it! Smile
dtviewer Wrote:You can try this:
http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=479.15

Im at work so not able to open the link to check it but it seems that is the last one posted.

Or you can try the dsplayer build if you are using xbmc for windows. It is in the long thread under the xbmc for windows section.

Or you can wait until the audio engine starts to show up in the nightlies, which from what I read on here shouldnt be to long from now.

Thanks for trying to help me boss... But this link is dead as well.

@Blu.... Yes, I guess I will have to hang in there. Im sure you on top of things and will inform us when the new option is available for download
bluray Wrote:I believe that I tried it last August, but it is very buggy. I thought that I remember the link, but I could not find it anywhere tonight. Maybe, they took it down!

bluray,

What solution do you use now ?

I'm still using the pre-eden audioengine build you posted on my windows PC, and it works very well. It has a few quirks, like having to restart when waking from sleep, but perfectly usable.

CpTHOOK, I think I have the binary at home, so I'll try and get it uploaded for you tonight.
eskro Wrote:should have checked those, damn, sorry :/
one thing i know is that the DSplayer XBMC branch should let u Bitstream HD-Audio
since it uses FFDHOW TRYOUTS

Pre-eden XBMC with DSPlayer info here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=106629

+1

Anyone using XBMC on a Windows machine SHOULD be using DSplayer.
Main HTPC:
Intel e4600 + AMD HD5450 + Antec NSK2480B case + 4gb ddr2 + Earthwatts 430 + 1.5tb Seagate 7200 + XBMC Rapier Qualar Mod Skin + Win7
Office HTPC/Ripper/Server:
AMD x4 635 + GT220 + Antec 300 case + 4gbddr3 + OCZ ModXStream 500 psu + 3x2tb WD green drives + Win7
Mallet21 Wrote:+1

Anyone using XBMC on a Windows machine SHOULD be using DSplayer.

Is this just XBMC using an external player, or is it more integrated ? Specifically, Im wondering if you get the xbmc on-screen display whilst playing a film, as I feel that makes the whole thing more integrated, something which I find launching external players lacks.
Fully integrated
Main HTPC:
Intel e4600 + AMD HD5450 + Antec NSK2480B case + 4gb ddr2 + Earthwatts 430 + 1.5tb Seagate 7200 + XBMC Rapier Qualar Mod Skin + Win7
Office HTPC/Ripper/Server:
AMD x4 635 + GT220 + Antec 300 case + 4gbddr3 + OCZ ModXStream 500 psu + 3x2tb WD green drives + Win7
July build of pre-eden, as promised:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=H1USMIR6
That SilverStone SG06B case is so nice! will fit almost anywhere. Good looks too!
SilverStone SG06B is really nice, unless u need your front USB's
fezster Wrote:bluray,

What solution do you use now ?

I'm still using the pre-eden audioengine build you posted on my windows PC, and it works very well. It has a few quirks, like having to restart when waking from sleep, but perfectly usable.

CpTHOOK, I think I have the binary at home, so I'll try and get it uploaded for you tonight.
My brain is always revolving, I'm switching between these two options- Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup and blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd while my kids enjoy 7MCE and it can bitstream HD audio too. Smile
eskro Wrote:SilverStone SG06B is really nice, unless u need your front USB's
Why not? I'm always plug something into the front USB in all three HTPC's. It's very useful option! Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
One stop solution for bitstreaming w/ XBMC (hardware and software)0