Help with TV Show Scraping
Hi,

Sorry to ask such a stupid question but I need help in naming and scraping my TV shows. I have searched the forums and read quite a few posts but it's confused me more.

I have a folder called The Equalizer inside that folder is another folder called Season 1 and inside that folder I have all of the episodes which I think have been renamed correctly using FileBot. For example The Equalizer - 1x01 - Pilot The Equalizer.avi.

When I set the folder content as TV it came up with Formula 1 Season 1 or something weird. I read somewhere that I have to manually change advancedsettings.xml but editing the file looks a bit scary to me.

If FileBot hasn't named the file correctly then could anyone point me in the correct direction of a tool that does?

Any help would be appreciated.
Problem is that the scraper picked up the wrong show, not that your naming is wrong (if that was wrong then it wouldn't get an entry at all). You can assure that the scraper finds the right show by including a file named "tvshow.nfo" with a link to the correct show on whatever site your scraper is searching, most likely tvdb.com.

Just to take you through it, open up notepad and enter:

http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=72170&lid=7

then save that in the folder "The Equalizer" as "tvshow.nfo". Then go into xbmc and go to the wrong entry and select to remove it from library, then simply rescan and it should be fixed.

I personally use this method for everything I add as it ensures entries are correct at the cost of less than a minutes work.
Thanks Very Much. It's working fine now apart from one thing.

I have lots of series that have specials but it doesn't import these.

This is a bit of a pain as my favourite comedy Only Fools and Horses has lots of one off specials.

For example http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=75628&lid=7 is Only Fools and Horses. I have created an nfo for the series and correctly named one of the specials Only Fools and Horses - 0xSpecial 6 - A Royal Flush.avi but it doesn't show in TV Shows only in file mode.

Any further help would be appreciated.
Sorry I'm not overly familiar with the naming schema you're using but I believe the correct way to name it is:

Only Fools and Horses - 00x06 - A Royal Flush.avi

The word "Special" I think is what was throwing it off, the extra 0's that I added can be ignored but it makes lists in windows easier to look at if they all have the same length (it will only affect xbmc in the videos section, not the library).

Since I'm not overly familiar with you're naming schema I would put the way I would name it:

Only Fools and Horses.s01e01.avi

You add in the episode names if you want but to xbmc it makes no difference, it'll ignore that and find the title itself based on the episode number you have specified.

Hope that helped.
Hi,

Many thanks for the help. Very much appreciated. I was missing the 00 from the start like you suggested.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with TV Show Scraping0