ATV2 - Eden Slowness / Choppy & Buffering Playback (VOBs)
I'm on 4.4.3 and DVD Vobs are unwatchable since Eden beta 1. Before I was on the Nightly Build from 11/2011 and vobs were working perfectly. Deinterlacing is turned off but no luck. Avi, mkv and mp4 is working great over a NAS SMB Share.

There must be something wrong with Eden beta 1 handeling vobs. Hope to be able to play them in beta 2 again!
Hope is not a developer ... sad but true ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz Wrote:I have the experience that ios5 is slower on my ipad as ios4 ... so it might be that ios it self is needing more cpu and ressources with version 5 now - this could of course also affect atv2 Sad

I am wiling to bet any amount of money that this is totally true. For instance, under iOS 4, when I started my ATV2, the FrontRow menu would appear in its entirety almost immediately. Now, with iOS 5, there's a slight delay while all the menu items come into place.

I'm wondering now whether it'd be better to retreat back to iOS 4, or hope that a new version of iOS 5 will be more efficient. The thing is that 5 brought iCloud Sad
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
google for ipad ios5 slow ... and you will get the whole load of community anger Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV2 - Eden Slowness / Choppy & Buffering Playback (VOBs)0