10.0-9 compatibility with 4.4.4
I updated my atv2 from 4.2.1 to 4.4.4 a couple days ago and with it came XBMC 11 which to my dismay would not play any of my .mp4 & .mkv files which played fine under 4.2.1 & 10.0-9. I have since removed 11 and done a dpkg -i with the 10.0-9...deb but when launching it from the atv menu it just crashes back to atv.

My question is am I simply missing a dependancy or will 10.0-9 not run on 4.4.4?

Any assistance is appreciated as I've burnt myself out dealing with this and need outside perspective, I won't get into the whole day of failed attempts to downgrade my atv back to 4.2.1 which does raise another question. Is the problem I'm experiencing an issue with XBMC 11 or 4.4.4 itself? I have scoured the forum for similar issues to my own but only found references to these files not playing well but in my case they won't play at all.

Thank you,
J.T.
I've got 4.4.4 and 11 Beta running fine with MKV and did nothing other than run the jailbreak, and install as per the wiki.

What errors were/are you seeing when you try and play these files?
I'm having similar problem too, I have 11 beta running on 4.4.4 atv2..

some of my mkv(AC3) are pretty smooth,
some(AAC) are not(lag, buffering all the time, but they were ok on 10)

any idea?
Can't help people who don't read the FAQ. Lots of advice there, and it even tells you how to report the issue (as in, with a debug log) if those tips don't work.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...ecific_FAQ
Problem resolved, turns out having read only permissions is no longer sufficient for 11. I noticed file permission errors in the log and decided to give rw to the atv user for my nas and low and behold it is playing all my media now. This honestly makes little sense to me but I'm just happy to have functionality back.
so it you're trolling this post looking for answers you now have something to try.
Hey man I would love to take your advice but can't unless you give us a debugging log (said with tongue in cheeck in case people don't get it)
BaronBaron Wrote:Hey man I would love to take your advice but can't unless you give us a debugging log (said with tongue in cheeck in case people don't get it)

Wink
guynamedjt Wrote:Problem resolved, turns out having read only permissions is no longer sufficient for 11. I noticed file permission errors in the log and decided to give rw to the atv user for my nas and low and behold it is playing all my media now. This honestly makes little sense to me but I'm just happy to have functionality back.
so it you're trolling this post looking for answers you now have something to try.

Wrong conclusion. Its not needed to have write permissions on the share for just watching videos. And i just want to prevent that such wrong info is glued into this forum.

So you could post a xbmc.log and i can try to tell you what is wrong. Also 10.0-9 is totally compatible with 4.4.4. So whatever it is - its a special thing on your side and not a general XBMC issue.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thank you
guynamedjt Wrote:Thank you

Does that mean, "sure thing, I'll post a log when I get a chance"?
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
10.0-9 compatibility with 4.4.40