Any way to change what a right click does?
I'm coming in from Boxee Smile

Eden is so nice. I was curious, when I have a series of a show listed and I right click, it gives me the extra info box (with a bunch of clickable options on stuff I can do with that episode like mark it watched etc). If I right click outside of the show listing, it takes me to the home screen but once I'm here, by clicking on TV SHOWS, it takes me right back to where I was in that show episode list.

If I am in a show episode listing, the only way to back out of that series, out of that show, etc, is to click the ".."

Well, I'm used to Boxee where a right click backs out of what your in and goes one level up no matter where you are. Is there a way to make XBMC respond the same way? If not, that's cool but, it's just what I'm used to (and my family too).

Thanks!
Yes, the mouse actions are fully configurable. Press Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

notepad "%APPDATA%\XBMC\userdata\keymaps\mouse.xml"

and click OK and answer Yes when you're asked to create a new file. Notepad will open showing a blank file. Copy and paste the following into Notepad:

Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <mouse>
      <rightclick>back</rightclick>
    </mouse>
  </global>
</keymap>

Close Notepad and save the changes. I haven't documented the mouse mappings yet because they're new in Eden, but see http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Mod...yboard.xml and mentally replace "keyboard" with "mouse" to get an idea of how this works.

JR
Ummm, you are my hero. That was awesome! It's almost like... you've done that before Smile

MUCH appreciation! It works exactly as I want it to now.
Alright, now I feel a bit stupid. now that the right button does exactly what I asked for it to do!

is there either:
a) a way to link the little context menu (what used to pop up if I right clicked on a show, with options to mark as watched, etc) with the mouse wheel click?

or

b) a shortcut key on the keyboard to pop up the context menu?

thanks.Blush
Try:

Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <mouse>
      <middleclick>contextmenu</middleclick>
      <rightclick>back</rightclick>
    </mouse>
  </global>
</keymap>

Pressing C on the keyboard will open the context menu.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Any way to change what a right click does?0