MQ3 possible bug - adding a favourite
When I add a favourite shortcut (to a local UNC path) to the main navigation bar I get the folloiwng:

If I access favourites directly and load the local path favourite it works fine.

I am using the eden beta and the latest mq3
Thanks sirsmooth
I too am having this problem and it's driving me insane!!! Since I upgraded to Eden beta I have primarily been using the Cirrus extended mod 2 skin and everything was working great, including my favourites on the main menu, but I decided to try MQ3 because of the customisation features. Unfortunately this move has totally backfired as my favourites which load a particular folder no longer work from the main menu, yet they work fine from the favourites menu. Whatever is causing this fault actually creates a fault in XBMC as I've now failed back to Cirrus and the fault still occurs, I've tried recreating my favourites but I still get the same outcome! Any ideas?
Hi,

I don't know if this helps:

I had the same problem after a re-install. I dug up my old favourites.xml, and that one worked. The only difference I see is the following:

Old file:
Code:
<favourite name="M2T">ActivateWindow(10024,&quot;I:\\Video\\Authoring\\Renders\\M2T\\&quot;)</favourite>

New file:
Code:
<favourite name="Captures">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;I:\\Video\\Authoring\\Renders\\M2T\\&quot;)</favourite>

My fav's aren't scanned into the library, and it seems only the window ID differs. 10024 seems to be working from main menu, for me at least...

Hope this helps!

Grtz

Lukas
I have the same problem with the AEON MQ 3 skin and that change doesn't work for me. I have tried several other things (clean installation, deleting the favourites.xml file, adding the "favourites addon" that the skin said is needed (only this skin says it, not the default one) and I can't get it to work... Favourites in the custom menus are empty. There is the same problem with other skins, like the Night one...
Favorites Script fix? ==> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=9...post987035
No, the script is correctly installed, the "ADD to Favourites" option is visible ( I can add folders as Favourites) but then, after creating the custom favourite menu and trying to access it, it's empty!!
Finally I've solved it. It was a bit tricky, you need to Set a folder as Favourite, then go to edit favourites.xml removing the quotes and finally go to the Custom Menu options to assign the Favourite to the Menu. The solution was in this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=115655

This is a XMBC bug.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MQ3 possible bug - adding a favourite0