Thumbnails and sql on eden beta 1
Hi there. I've set up an sql server on my nas, and everything works perfectly with my 2 atv2 and my pc, except thumbnails.

I made a first scan from the pc, which populated the database.
Then I modified the advancedsettings.xml on both atv2.

But even if I added on both atv2 the source of my movies and made a library scan, I can't get thumbnails to work (fanarts are working).

On my nas, movie structure is:
Movies
/movie title
//movie.avi
//movie.tbn
//movie-fanart.jpg
//movie.nfo

I thought that, by doing this, every client - even if using sql - would have stored these files locally, but apparently not (since, during library scan, I didn't notice anything being imported).

Is there anything I can do?
All clients are running xbmc eden beta1.

I can provide log if necessary, just let me know which one (of my pc, of atv?)

The only thing that could "maybe" cause the problem is that I've let xbmc create the database on mysql server (since "CREATE database xbmc_video;" resulted in xbmc not being able to access it). Now on my mysql I don't have a "xbmc_video" database, but only "xbmc_video58". Despite that, in "advancedsettings.xml" I put
"<name>xbmc_video</name>"
and everything is working....:|

With pre-Eden xbmc I've always created the database as usual with no problem at all.

Thank you very much,

melagodo
I have the exact same issue, XBMC 11.0 beta 1 on ATV2 is ignoring my .tbn files in favor of generating (mindbogglingly slowly) its own thumbnails.

On the other hand, the same version on MacOS is doing the right thing and shows the posters correctly.

I also have my library in MySQL.
Glad to know I havn't spent the night in vain Wink

Melagodo
Actually I mis-spoke - it's not working quite right on Mac OS either (same issue).

The .tbn files are picked up on the initial scan/import (it seemed to work for me since I'd done the library scan on the Mac and that had resulted in the .tbn files being copied to the local thumbnail folder) but if they're not already in the local folder then auto-generated thumbnails are created.

I solved this by path substituting the thumbnail folder onto the NAS and pointing everyone there.
i think that i solved it!

On atv i did not installed my scraper, since every information is stored with the movie.
I've just installed my favorite scraper and run an automated scan.... and everything seems working without any symbolic link! I get movie information stored locally with the benefits of using sql!

Will test it more deeplyto check if everything is working :-)

Melagodo

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Thumbnails and sql on eden beta 10