New Release: v0.8.8 beta1
can't get my evo3d or my nook tablet to connect to xbmc - im running eden beta2 on a windows 7 x64 pc and have a medialink wireless n router
Love this app, but one thing I noticed is when playing music and a picture slideshow the show incoming calls pauses the slideshow but not the music.
I would love to see the video addons in the remote list.And I would really love an optional button to watch the movie in my tablet. streamed from my xbmc to the tablet.
I have no covers on No Playing, either.
Would a log help here?
Well the app looks like a good one.
Unfortunatelly it doesn´t work on my system.
I have CM7.1 running, without any permission restrictions.

When I want to connect to host it always says: "I/O Exception (java.net.SocketException) - Permission denied".

So I cant connect.

Well but another app XBMC Remote form the market works fine.
Just give IP adress, user password and port.. finish.

Does someone has the same problem or a solution?
Remote works fine for me until I try to play something then it crashes XBMC. Not sure if this is related to XBMC or the remote but it only crashes when I use the remote and not nothing else. Here is my log:

http://pastebin.com/vyVG9xxN
Wow! I just came onto the forums to offer a bounty to the first person to fix this app haha (I finally had it with all the crashes) and I see this!

Please put up a donate link or something, and I'll throw a few bucks your way! (After the JSON API is implemented though)

Also, I have a Galaxy Nexus LTE running all different ROM's that I can test for you. You can reach me at any of the communication mediums I have listed in my sig or profile and I can help/check anything you need!
Server - Debain Squeeze Server + 6TB RAID5 + Sabnzbd + CP & SB
HTPC - Zotac MAG + 60GB Vertex 2 SSD + OpenELEC Frodo 12.1 + Aeon Nox
HTPC 2 - AppleTV 2
Android 0.8.8 remote works well for me

Galaxy Ace phone
Windows XP SP3
XBMC Dhama v10
XBMC Eden v11 Beta 3
No covers during "now playing" here either.

Thumbnails for browsing libraries work fine though. The "medium" directory appears to have larger versions of all the thumbs; however, they are not displayed.

Win 7 x64 Dharma
Blackberry Playbook

I have also tried it with Eden, same problem. I have also cleared cache and rebuilt library. A friend has the same playbook build and has cover art during the "now playing" screen;however, he uses Eden on Ubuntu - so maybe this issue is Windows related.
Earlier problems with Samsung galaxy s 2 now gone with beta 3.

Still missing covers in now playing.

Everything else works for me.

Thanks to the developers, it's a great app.
Am new to this forum, but couldn't find an answer by searching...

Would it be possible to play trailers locally rather than on the xbmc machine? Makes much more sense to me if you are using the device to browse and preview before playing it.
(2012-01-06, 20:15)shadow_cruiser Wrote: I'm also getting this a lot when browsing movies or on the main menu. To stop it, I have to hard power off my HTPC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRZVnSQIba8

I'm seeing this issue also with the 0.8.8 beta 1 remote.

Is the 0.8.7 beta 1 release still available for download somewhere?

Or is the test version mentioned here available:
(2012-01-11, 10:39)freezy Wrote: @nupi, shadow_cruiser: There was some change in the event client code that maybe causes this behavior. I'll try to compile a version with those changes for you to test. Which Android version are you running the remote on?
Seanp25, all of the downloads are available from the Google code page...well all except the most recent one, which is my issue.

I have a WonderMedia tablet that's pretty much useless as a regular tablet, but works well as a communications node (IMs, skype chat, email, calls over ObiTalk) and as a remote for a few things. The issue is that there's not much that the Google Market (Play?) says is compatible even though they work and this is one of them.

Could you please put the most resent apk up on the Google code page? Downloading and installing directly works for most applications.
Thanks
(2012-04-20, 11:57)seanp25 Wrote:
(2012-01-06, 20:15)shadow_cruiser Wrote: I'm also getting this a lot when browsing movies or on the main menu. To stop it, I have to hard power off my HTPC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRZVnSQIba8

I'm seeing this issue also with the 0.8.8 beta 1 remote.

Is the 0.8.7 beta 1 release still available for download somewhere?

Or is the test version mentioned here available:
(2012-01-11, 10:39)freezy Wrote: @nupi, shadow_cruiser: There was some change in the event client code that maybe causes this behavior. I'll try to compile a version with those changes for you to test. Which Android version are you running the remote on?

I get this as well occasionally.
v0.8.8-beta1 Revision 808

Hi there!

Great work so far. Tested with ginger bread 2.3.1 on odys cosmo and on ICS.

Three issues are there. Tilt Sensor support in files does not work. When turning the device the list gets empty (no data) and one need to go back one step end rescan the items.

Second in now playing there is just a empty cd case instead of the poster.

and finally, if you have more than one xbmc running and shut down the current ( power off ) you get socket error - cannot connect.
Switching to the other instance does not work , because the device tries to reconnect to the current xbmc instance and repeats the error message. after a while and several retries (going back etc.) it can connect to the desired instance.

One wish: in the status bar whereyou can click to switch instances - please show the host name instead of the running xbmc version string. If you have multiple xbmc running with the same version you cannot guess what the active instance is...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Release: v0.8.8 beta13