Two questions (share not working, skin question)
Im a simi long time xbmc user. Several years ago I put xbmc and a 300gb hard drive into an original Xbox. A while after that I bought a pretty nice flat screen hdtv, and the original Xbox was getting kinda outdated. So a while after that I bought a wdtv live to replace the Xbox. I wont say it was a terrible move as it played everything I threw at it including 1080p content with out a problem, but it just wasn't the same.

A little less than a year ago I found a decent deal on a Sony bluray drive and bought it. I had already decided that the wdtv live just wasn't enough, I was going to build a powerful enough computer to replace it. Well that never really went any further, until a few days ago. I finally bought the rest of the parts I needed for a good xbmc machine. I bought myself a MSI AMD E350 mini itx board, 4gb of ram, a 60gb sata 3 ssd drive, and a 150 watt picopsu. I put all this new stuff along with my bluray drive in a original Xbox case I picked up a while ago. I am very very happy with this setup, it boots up quick, plays everything I have, and only uses about 30% of the cpu with xbmc running in the background and powerdvd 11 playing a bluray. However there are a few things I haven't quite figured out yet.

First and most confusing to me is one of my shared folders is not working right. In the basement I have a 15tb server. Over the years I have put new drives in it and replaced smaller ones I thought were just too small to keep, but the boot drive is still the same drive it was when I had the original Xbox. On the boot drive I have a folder called "new video". Any kind of video I download goes here first. I generally watch the media from this share and then move it to its proper location on one of the other drives. The share shows up, along with everything in the folder, but when I click on it, it doesn't play. Just messing around I created a subfolder with in new videos, and placed all the files and folders that was originally in the folder into the new subfolder. If I go into this new folder everything plays right.

My last question (at least for now) is how do I change the skin jx720 so when I click on videos in the media blade it shows all my media sources, and not just the last place I was at. On the mini itx board I am running the latest stable build, but on my desktop I have been playing around with the beta of Eden. In Eden with the new confluence skin if you click on files it shows all the media sources. I want the skin jx720 do do the same when you select videos. I am assuming you have to modify this "<onclick>ActivateWindow(Videos)</onclick>" with in the home.xml file. I have searched the forums and tried everything I can think of to make this work the way I want, but I am at a loss here. In Eden and confluence I believe the line that makes this work the way I want is "<onclick>ActivateWindow(Videos,Files,Return)</onclick>" but this doesn't seem to work right in jx720 and the latest stable build.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Two questions (share not working, skin question)0