Remote buttons withou obvious keymaps.
Hi guys,

Im running windows, using mce remote and use eventghost to map some remote buttons to keypresses.
In the keymaps xml file there is a section containing remote buttons without an obvious action. However, if i set my remote to use one of those buttons i get a dialoge appearing that tells me ive pushed that button. The only way to remove this dialoge is to remove that section from the keymap file...

This is easy enough to do... However, Is here something you guys can do to stop this from happening?

Every time i install a new version of xbmc i have to remove this section from the keymaps file.

Cheers,
Loggio.
The notification is there to make it easier for users to check buttons on their remote. There are no plans to remove them.

In Eden there is a new action, noop, that as the name suggests does nothing. If you create a userdata keyboard.xml and map the buttons to the noop action this will override the system keyboard.xml and prevent the notifications from appearing.

JR
Jhsrennie,
ive had to reg edit remote buttons to key presses a long time ago because my remote sent app commands. i used showkey v1 & v2, however it never responded to a lot of the buttons being pressed... But eventghost did. Eg. Pushing 'play' button, eventghost would register the event mceremote.play... Showkey shows nothing, so id have no way of mapping the button in a remote.xml because xbmc doesnt register the keypress in the first place, i have no idea what command im mapping.

I had to convert all remote buttons to key combos and create a keymap.xml to do a lot of random mapping, then use eventghiost to do some more tricky mapping that i could not acheive through the keymap.xml ... In short, big PITA. Though it works, its not how id like it to be.

Do you have any suggestions.
It sounds as if your remote is using the eHome driver. See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Usi...in_Windows for how to check this.

If it is an eHome remote then the MCERemote add-on can configure it to send the standard Media Center keyboard shortcuts, and XBMC understands all of these. Configuring the remote this way means you don't need Eventghost.

NB if you have the Eventghost option "disable hid device" enabled, this will stop tye remote sending any keypresses even if you use the MCERemote add-on to configure it.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote buttons withou obvious keymaps.0