AMD Fusion E350 Plattform
Amelandbor Wrote:Could you maybe do a small review on the case with some pictures of the build?? I'm thinking about using this case for a project but I can't find any reviews or user experiences.

Here is your review:
Click
Hello there!

I have an ASRock E350M1 with XBMCbuntu installed. Everything works just fine except for the audio! I tried to install a new ALSA driver (1.0.25-3), still doesnt work.

Could anyone help me with this?
Atom and Zacate systems benefit greatly by using an SSD. I find even with a i3-2100 it makes a huge difference in performance for everyday things like launching programs, browsing through this and that, menus, etc.
I use the ASRock E350M1 with everything working fine on XBMCbuntu. Now I try OpenELEC for the fast boot time (3 times as fast!) and I get trouble with my network connection. I installed OpenELEC Fusion 1.95.2 and 1.95.3 and now the following occurs:

- when refreshing a source in i.e. videos it says after a while "Unable to connect to remote server. Would you like to continue scanning?". So there is no actual library at the moment just the files view, although the smb share is found and the folders in files view can be browsed

- no addons are visible in the XBMC Addon Repository or the OpenELEC repo

- I cannot install the RSS news reader from within the settings menu

But I can refresh the weather forecast ?!

I have a wired gblan network, network settings in OE are left as they are. When trying DNS-Server, IP and Gateway manually no change.

Could anyone help me with this?

Thanks!
anyone?
Maybe you should ask elsewhere, because that sounds like a network issue, not something that has to do with the platform.
But if it was a network issue I shouldn't be able to refresh the weather or browse my smb share?!
(2012-01-05, 03:58)gabbott Wrote: I'm an openelec user. I have a couple ION systems and they are quite capable for my needs. My next build though will most likely be something like yours.
i think thats a downgrade, why? ATOM+ION and E-350 is future parity
but i recommend getting a AMD A series, like A8-3500 or higher, it has a far more powerful gpu and better cpu ;9
Ryzen 1500X, 2x8GB 3000 DDR4, RX 560 4GB, 250GB EVO, Windows 10
The passive ion boards seems to be more expensive than the amd fusion ones, which makes me wonder if fusion produce less heat.
Anybody have any experience with passively cooled fusion boards, for instance the Zotac FUSION350-A-E? You think this will hold with no case fans?
I wouldn't recommend a passively cooled system since these little buggers get kind of hot, I have a Zotac AD02 which has the E-350 with a fan and the thing regularly runs at ~130F I've seen it up to 150F, even with the fans on full blast I've only seen it as low as 120F.

I've tried running OpenELEC and it was nice but way to restrictive for a Linux geek like me, I also ran XBMCbuntu for about a week or so and Ubuntu was pissing me off (I never really liked Ubuntu anyway). I'm currently running Chakra Linux which is a fork from Arch Linux. 95% of the time the system works great but it will occasionally drop frames and the frame rate will dip into the teens for a second or two. I'm going to recompile the kernel with the CK patch set and possibly recompile XBMC to see if I can optimize it.
150F doesn't sound too bad. My current ion htpc (barebone) with two small fans, get as high as 80C for the gpu on load. Also, I think a bigger heat sink and bigger case will help a lot. What mostly worries me is what will happen when you don't have any case fans or venting on top...
I have a Foxconn A-3500 amd e-350 barebone that is working great (4gb ram and an agility 3 60gb ssd too).

I'm using xbmc on windows7 64bit that is 100%smooth while playing heavy 1080p files (>30gb),the only thing that is not is xbmc interface lol

This evening i tried openelec,everything was working out of the box except optical out,interface is perfect smooth but video quality is a big NO NO compared to windows (artifacts everywhere)...this is so sad
On the 3500?

(2012-06-27, 01:43)zirconicus Wrote: I have a Foxconn A-3500 amd e-350 barebone that is working great (4gb ram and an agility 3 60gb ssd too).

I'm using xbmc on windows7 64bit that is 100%smooth while playing heavy 1080p files (>30gb),the only thing that is not is xbmc interface lol

This evening i tried openelec,everything was working out of the box except optical out,interface is perfect smooth but video quality is a big NO NO compared to windows (artifacts everywhere)...this is so sad

This is interesting.. I have NT-A3500 as well (you can look at my build).. and the video quality was about the same as windows for me. Didn't notice any difference.
Why does anyone get e-350 when you can get an G530/620, G530+discrete card or Llano for much less?

If you want to use JUST xbmc then sure its an option. But many want the option of doing more with their HTPC. Help me understand where I am wrong and why this forum likes (and sometimes prefers) atom and zacate over the options I mentioned.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AMD Fusion E350 Plattform0