xbmc does not fit my tv
newer tv's have an overscan setting in their menu. turning off overscan fixes the issue--for digital devices at least--but if you've got analogue devices (note here that im not 100 % sure about whether its anbalogue thats affected, as i think ive seen some dvds affected by this as well) then turning off overscan shows ugly ragged edged borders on the images from some playback devices.

I would prefer to change the output settings in XBMC that affect this one device (in my case atv2) rather than change this setting for every playback device connected to my tv.
I had accidentally press a wrong button n my xbmc tv screen shrunk to 1/4 size. I tried to go to setting, System, setting, video output and it only shows:

1) vertical blank sync
2) video calibration
3) enable lcd/vfd.

I tried the calibrate and only manage to get 3/4 size.
I also tried to play the movie and press the centre round button until there is play menu and i had tried to do the svreen adjustment with only 3/4 size.

Can anyone please help me amd guide how to return back to normal screen size. I read from internet n seems i got screen setting messup
(2012-01-04, 21:22)bigwill Wrote:
Jester Wrote:no, leave your xbmc settings alone, on your samsung tv, make sure you set it to fullscreen (under display options)
I had the same issue.

P.S.
while you are there, change (on your apple tv setting, not tv or xbmc) the output to RGB High, improved the image a lot (at least for me)

Changed to rgb high and did calibration on xmbc. (did not have a fullscreen option on my tv)

Thanks everyone, now it is fine!

hi im having same problem could you please explain exactly what you did to solve this, how did you change to rgb high and what did you do with calibration on xbmc kodi thanks
If your TV is overscanned and you fix it with kodi calibration a 1080p video on a 1080p TV will be resized twice and appear soft (blurry).
If you fix it at the TV end (it may be called "just scan", "screen fit", "HD size", "full pixel", "unscaled", "dot by dot", "native" or "1:1") then the image will be unscaled and much sharper.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc does not fit my tv1