using mySQL to store library
I used the instructions found here and here to create a mysql database on one of my home servers to store my xbmc libraries. The problem its that when i upload the advancedsettings.xml to the atv2 (/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/advancedsettings.xml), after rebooting the appleTV, the videos and music items are missign from the home screen and the rss feed is creeping across the screen maybe one pixel per second. it seems to be chokign on something.

If I remove the advancedsettings.xml - everything is restored to normal. what the heck could I be doing wrong here?
What is in your advancedsettings.xml? And I think you mis copied your second link you posted.
I'm doing much the same here. When I encountered this error and looked at the debug logs i found that my XBMC install was unable to access my mySQL server - I saw the same creeping you did. I fixed the firewall issue and it was able to access the server but unable to import. Eden uses a new database schema and the old instructions do NOT work. However, it also looks as if the Apple code may not be using the same database schema either as I've seen other who have mixed installs running into database issues - hopefully someone can clarify this for you.

For my Linux Eden install I found some help here and perhaps my experience posted there will help you too. I'm currently successfully importing my Movies database, XBMC created it's own tables etc. on the server but I'm not sure how the Apple code will work so beware. I found your thread looking for help myself...
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
well I use Eden on linux and on my atv2 ... what I did however I use all files on a NAS, which should not really matter where to find them but what is necessary to have the sources defined correctly

I achieved that using pathsubstitution, so all files are fetched from a source defined locally on the device. for example:

general path for scraping on linux is /video/movies
pathsubstitution on linux is /video/movies to smb://my_nas/movies

pathsubstitution on atv2 is /video/movies same way but the substitution goes to afp://my_nas/movies

database is shared via SQL, they both support the same scheme and I also added pathsustitution for thumbnails and all the stuff they share in common, for example addon scripts works just fine

make sure that the SQL is accessible on the real ip and not 127.0.0.1 (default) only also you need to grant access for your user from probably all devices on the network or limit it to the ips of your connected devices ... find the SQL sharing thread here on the forum or look at the orignal article ... http://lifehacker.com/5634515/how-to-syn...-the-house

for eden you need to remove the "xbmc_video", "xbmc_music" tags from the advanced...xml to be able to recreate the database whenever the schema changes as they currently are "MyVideos58", "MyMusic58", works perfectly

so definition on my devices are currently, mind the <!-- and --> that remove the inside tags from being read

<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.x.x.x</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>user</user>
<pass>password</pass>
<!-- <name>xbmc_video</name>-->
</videodatabase>
<musicdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.x.x.x</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>user</user>
<pass>password</pass>
<!-- <name>xbmc_music</name>-->
</musicdatabase>

hope this helps
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW..._libraries
jschoen Wrote:What is in your advancedsettings.xml? And I think you mis copied your second link you posted.

sorry i fixed the link in the original post.

the advancessettings.xml looks like this:
<advancedsettings>
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
<name>xbmc_video</name>
</videodatabase>

<musicdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
<name>xbmc_music</name>
</musicdatabase>
</advancedsettings>
Your debug log says that your home AC is out of phase from what the power company should be sending you. This is causing the bits to not come through in the correct order and slowing execution.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
as I said remove the <name>xbmc_music</name> and <name>xbmc_video</name> tags and as well run SQL command in darkscouts signature
r4nd0m Wrote:as I said remove the <name>xbmc_music</name> and <name>xbmc_video</name> tags and as well run SQL command in darkscouts signature

If you remove the <names> then there is no reason to run my sig because the names won't be the same. Just run the sql.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
using mySQL to store library0