[RELEASE] Digitally Imported XBMC plugin 1.0 - electronic music
Rainbow 
Finally got around to finishing up my XBMC plugin, now with support for high quality Premium streams.
Also, it's been tested with XBMC 11.0 Eden: Beta on both Ubuntu and Windows.

Changes from version 0.71 posted here waaay back: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=9...post977788
04 Jan 2012 v1.00
+ Added channelgraphics for 3 new channels
+ Now supports DI Premium - highquality 256k streams
+ DI Premium members can choose between 256k and 128k streams
+ Premium members can use their 'My Favorites' playlist
* Changed cache expiration from 1 hour to 6 hours
* Updated so it supports the new sitedesign, introduced new years eve
* Removed the "Digitally Imported - " substring that had been added to streamnames

+ = new feature
* = fix

The plugin can be picked up here:
http://qualisoft.dk/2012/01/digitally-im...ugin-v1-0/

Some screenshots:
Up and running and playing some trance.... Big Grin
This will be the de-facto plug-in running day in day out now Wink

One suggestion though:
Change to three digit version numbering because it's kind of 'standard'

Change your python dependance to:
PHP Code:
<import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.0"/> 

This is 'required' for Eden plug-ins/script if you are planning on adding it to xbmc-repo.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Ow I forgot to tell you're my new hero Cool
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Fantastic plugin.
Please keep supporting this, it is exactly what I've been looking for...

I miss the old philosomatika streams and this really helps fill that void.

Cheers,
Any chance for AAC+ streams? I found they sound subjectively better than 96 kbps mp3. You wrote in the other thread that AAC+ is not supported by XBMC. Which XBMC version are you using? I used a modded (for AAC+ streams) version of your older plugin (before di.fm changed their design) and had no issues playing back AAC+ streams with pre-Eden XBMC.
awesome plugin m8,thank you
Martijn: Thanks for the heads up on the Python dependency - I'll be sure to add that in an update, cause the plan is to have it added to the official repo.
a11599: I've been running 10.x for ages, but I'll check out AAC+ again, and if it works I will add the stream format selection.
Glad it pleases others than just me to have some electronic beats Smile
Quote from 0.71 thread:
gonzales79 Wrote:Yes, this was my comment, i wasn't shure if you reply because my comment was #46 and no other comment was visible.

I have configured the settings and it's working pretty good. Many Thanks. You must know that i am a new ATV user.

BTW: Can you tell me the name of your skin? It's much more better then the default theme.

Is also a integration into ATV Flash planned to use the plugin like the last.fm plugin direct in the ATV menu instead of using XBMC?

Thanks & best Regards,

Manuel
@gonzales79: It's XBMC Dharma, with the Aeon Nox skin, using theme Neon65. Can't remember if the speaker background is something I've added myself.
About the "ATV Flash", I have no idea what that is?
Fantastic work! Love this to bits.

Question, is it possible to save the channel list such that it immediately loads them when I go into the addon?
@josephdebono: If you go to 'Add-on settings' and set 'Stream cache expiration' to 0, it will use the cache (if present, it will of course get the streams the first time).
After that, the cache will be used every time, and it loads in about 1 second.

If some of the servers urls starts giving you trouble (if the first stream address in the playlist changes, as thats the plugin uses) just go enable 'Force cache refresh' to refresh the streams.
bitcrusher01 Wrote:@josephdebono: If you go to 'Add-on settings' and set 'Stream cache expiration' to 0, it will use the cache (if present, it will of course get the streams the first time).
After that, the cache will be used every time, and it loads in about 1 second.

If some of the servers urls starts giving you trouble (if the first stream address in the playlist changes, as thats the plugin uses) just go enable 'Force cache refresh' to refresh the streams.

Aw shucks I can't read properly. I read (0 = never) and didn't bother looking up the value, just assume that that's what it was set to. My bad. Keep up the good work Wink
hello - thanks for your script, and thanks for introducing me to the site DI as well!

as of last night the script is failing on start up - is it just me?
@distracto: I've finally returned home, and tested out both the public, premium and premium favorites, and all worked.
If you try it out - and it fails again - do you have a chance to put your xbmc.log up onto pastebin.com?
Thank you for looking into it for me. I will get a paste bin together for you as it failed on my ubuntu install as well.
Had one issue with the plugin crashing XBMC Eden Beta-3 when I entered incorrect details (been a while since I had to login to DI). Other than that, working fine.

Would it be possible to display some kind of status message on screen telling the user that login was successful / unsuccessful when running the plugin and display the currently set bitrate (if a premium user)?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Digitally Imported XBMC plugin 1.0 - electronic music1