Ooba problems
so when i attempt to run ooba it states that its running then stops (it doesnt actually say stopping but running disappears).  when i hit the white button it returns this

python intialized
traceback (most recent call last):
file"q:\scripts\ooba\ooba.py", line 20 in ?
import socket,image,imagefile,md5,urlparse
systemerror: null result without error in pyobject_call

any ideas??

sorry i forgot to say i am using v086
you need to have pil installed (image and imagefile).

here's something about it.
http://www.xbmcscripts.com/index.p....emid=40
i should of stated earlier that i do have pil installed. i've put the filesd in the lib directory under python but i still get the same error. i did notice that all of the files in the lib directory end with the extension of .pyd and all the pil files end with .py is that a potential problem?
try splitting this line into multiple lines (in ooba.py):

import socket,image,imagefile,md5,urlparse
->
import socket
import image
import imagefile
import md5
import urlparse

that way the debug screen should say clearly which import that is the problem. also, can you try the dilbert script. i know that it also uses pil. if it fails with a similar error, then there is something wrong with your pil or python installation.
thanks for the help and i seperated the line as you suggested.
it errors out once it attempts to import one for the pil files (although i do have them installed from xboxscripts). the dilbert script also does not run so its clear that the problem must be on my end. i've gone to sourceforge a grabbed all the python folders in order to reinstall (just to check) but it still errors out about the pil files. i guess i'll have to dig deeper in order to figure it out.
thanks
did you ever figure it out juan? i have exactly the same prob. been searching the forums for a while with no luck. i can get some scripts to go like consumption junction but not the likes of quicktime etc.
i alse definatly have pil installed etc and have just put a fresh install of the 2/5/05 build on removing the saves on e drive. i am running xbmc from the f drive as a dash but other than that can't pin point the prob.
i've seen issues like this before when people ftp the python lib in ascii mode. make sure you are in binary mode when you ftp.

ts
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
another thing is that make sure that the pil file names preserve their case because python is case sensitive, some ftp programs change to lowercase when transfering.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ooba problems0