Still no fix for memory leak?
Ever since switching from an ATV to a Windows 7 box, I've been plagued by the same issue for months of nightlies: a memory leak that makes Firefox's look tame.

XBMC takes up about 200MB of RAM on startup, which puts my system at about 900MB/4GB. When XBMC has been running for 24 hours, it averages about 2GB of memory usage. After 48 hours, that hits 3GB and leaves my system choking with about 100MB of free memory. It only takes that 2GB point to make XBMC slow down to turtle speed in menus, and start stuttering on video.

I've been seeing posts on this ever since I started lurking on this forum, and it seems odd to me that Eden has been in bugfix mode for quite some time and yet there seems to be no progress on this. Is anyone working it?
Interesting... I've never really monitored XBMC's memory usage, but there have been complaints for ages about XBMC beginning to stutter after a day or so. A memory leak would explain it. It would be fantastic if the XBMC devs were able to pinpoint it before Eden goes final.
I'm experiencing the same thing, over night XBMC has gone from 2-300mb to 1.1Gig ram it seems. Menues etc. are slow and stuttering.
This is using Eden beta, mysql db and transparency skin and I don't use any automatic/timed library updates.
Two leaks were fixed by Montellese a few days ago. The official nightlies / beta1 does not include it.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I see, thanks for the update! Smile
Thanks for the update on the leaks. When do you think the nightly will include?

Best wishes

Lee
Beta2 will include the fixes. We will resume the official nightly builds after Eden.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
damn never noticed it i guess with 12gb of ram you dont notice it if it wont reach over 1gb xD, but yeah i too have noticed some stuttering and generally bad performance navigating through xbmc randomly -.-'

good to hear this is being fixed asap , wish the firefox crew would take a example from this and fix theyre horrible memory leaking finally , perhaps one day xD
vdrfan Wrote:Beta2 will include the fixes. We will resume the official nightly builds after Eden.

Just curious, is there an official posted milestone timeline anywhere, or is it basically just "it's done when it's done"? Smile
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
canadave Wrote:Just curious, is there an official posted milestone timeline anywhere, or is it basically just "it's done when it's done"? Smile

my crystal ball says: "it's done when it's done" Laugh
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Just wanted to report back, beta2 seems to have cured the memleak for me atleast. Great work Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Still no fix for memory leak?0