Audio Issue through optical
I have an ATV2 with the new jb 4.4.4 untethered and Eden b1 installed using the wiki guide.

In my setup I have the hdmi cable going to the TV and the optical to my 5.1 Pioneer receiver.

In the XBMC Audio Settings I have selected optical/coax - 5.1 and all three options ticked.

My receiver picks up both DD and DTS signals and plays them correctly.
The problem is that, at the same time, my TV is also receiving digital audio signals and plays noise.

Is there an option to stop XBMC from sending audio signals to the HDMI and only send them to Optical? Is this a beta bug?

My other ATV2 (4.1.1 with Dharma stable release) works correctly.

Thank you for your time.
there is no dharma stable release for atv2 ... could you give a hint which version you are referring to here?!?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz Wrote:there is no dharma stable release for atv2 ... could you give a hint which version you are referring to here?!?

Sorry about that.
The version that works ok is :

IOS: 4.1.1
xbmc pre-10.0 git:4b032be compiled 19 Feb 11
O/S Darwin 10.4.0
I am bumping this post since I seem to have the same problem with: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=119546

Anyone know a solution to our problem?
How NOT to output audio through HDMI when it is set to go through Optical?
Not possible, we don't have control over that.
ithaki Wrote:I have an ATV2 with the new jb 4.4.4 untethered and Eden b1 installed using the wiki guide.

In my setup I have the hdmi cable going to the TV and the optical to my 5.1 Pioneer receiver.

In the XBMC Audio Settings I have selected optical/coax - 5.1 and all three options ticked.

My receiver picks up both DD and DTS signals and plays them correctly.
The problem is that, at the same time, my TV is also receiving digital audio signals and plays noise.

Is there an option to stop XBMC from sending audio signals to the HDMI and only send them to Optical? Is this a beta bug?

My other ATV2 (4.1.1 with Dharma stable release) works correctly.

Thank you for your time.

Would you swear that switching between optical and hdmi had any influence on the audio output on feb 19th build?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I could be wrong but I have mine setup so the HDMi goes to the TV and the optical cable goes from the Tv's optical audio out to my receiver. Then I just turn off the Tv's speakers.
But my Tv has full 5.1 at the optical out and not all of them do this..Just a thought

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Issue through optical0