Modifying submenu items
I've been able to add, delete, and modify submenu items for several skins, but I prefer Confluence right now. This is the only skin I haven't been able to figure out how to edit the submenu items. Am I blind? Thanks!
Quote:I've been able to add, delete, and modify submenu items for several skins, but I prefer Confluence right now. This is the only skin I haven't been able to figure out how to edit the submenu items. Am I blind? Thanks!
Have you tried System-->Skin-->Add-On Shortcuts
Noli illegitimi carborundum

First, thank you for your reply to what is obviously an amateur question.

Second, I'm sorry I was not specific enough. I'm able to add shortcut Add-ons just fine. What I'm trying to do is modify the submenu items under the primary menus. ie: under Movies, I only want one or two submenu items, which are playlists.

I found where submenu items are referenced in home.xml (grouplist id 9016: <include>HomeSubMenuMovies</include>

But I'm not familiar with how to edit these entries.

Thanks!
You'll find the submenu item lists in "IncludesHomeMenuItems.xml"

Without checking I think "HomeSubMenuMovies" is at the top. I take it you've edited lists before and are familiar with the format.
Noli illegitimi carborundum

Ah! Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks so much!
Got this working ,but to take it one step further... I guess there is no way to make these profile specific right?
XeOS Wrote:Got this working ,but to take it one step further... I guess there is no way to make these profile specific right?

Well, an ugly workaound for this is that you set a <visible>Skin.hasSetting(bla)</visible>
And activate it in one profile and deactivate it in the other one...

mad-max
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
Hmmm.... I guess I'll just have to make a skin like Aeon MQ3 work for me on the ATV2 as that has profile specific setup, seems easier and cleaner. Thanks for the help, and nice mod by the way! I think I'll check that out first before changing skin :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Modifying submenu items0