Cinema Experience script
I'm running nightly build XBMCSetup-20111005-288f496-master.exe and Neon SVN. I've also recently installed the updated CE script v1.0.51. Prior to that I was running v1.0.5

The CE script isn't working for any of the recent nightly builds running this skin or Night 2.0. The CE script does work successfully on Aeon MQ3 v1.4. CE script v1.0.5 didn't run for Neon or Night SVN on the recent nightly builds either.

When I run the script by clicking on Cinema Play in the movie information screen, a search window appears with the name of the movie I've selected to playback, when I press enter it returns to the movie information screen, if I don't press enter the search window sits there.

I prefer the viewtypes in Neon over Aeon MQ3 and find the TV guide very useful.

Is anyone else running recenty nightly builds with the CE script for Neon SVN and have it working? I'm experiencing no other problem with this skin.
I'm going to try and work on the skin this weekend and get some updates done and tests against the latest nightlies...
-stoli-
Stoli

Since I updated to the latest SVN version from passion repo, the CE script has started to work but behaves differently. When I select Cinema Play, the search window listing related movie results appears and when I click on the relevant title it returns to the information page and nothing happens, however when I exit out of the information page the CE script starts to run.

So it is working albeit clumsily for me.
Hey Kokonutcreme, I am having the exact same problem did you end up finding a fix for it
I don't even see a cinema play button. I just downloaded the latest neon skin from the skin option and the installed the cinema experience from the Program addons. I can't get it to work. I don't see any button on movies or hd movies window. I have installed xbmc on windows.
I've got it working, but I do get the movie selection popup when I use it. I just hit escape and it proceeds to launch the movie with cinema experience. However, my biggest issue is Apple Movie Trailers, which 4/5 times will not stream right. Every now and then it all works, but for now the AMT Lite streaming barely ever works appropriately. Anyone else?
jjwalker Wrote:Hey Kokonutcreme, I am having the exact same problem did you end up finding a fix for it

No but what I have found is that CE is integrated better with some skins than others. I've upgraded XBMC to Eden beta and running latest versions of Aeon MQ3, Aeon Nox, Alaska Mod, Cirrus Extended V2, reFocus, Neon SVN, Night SVN and Metropolis.

CE behaves perfectly with Aeon MQ3 and Nox but differently with Cirrus, reFocus, Neon and Night.

This wasn't always the case when I first installed CE it worked perfectly regardless of what skin I was using and that was running nightly builds as well. Then after one nightly build and skin update the behaviour changed for some and not all skins.

It's forced me to predominantly use Aeon MQ3 and Aeon Nox as default skins because of the CE experience but I do like the clean layout and view types available within Neon.
I'm not having any issues with CE at the moment running the Eden Test Version on Eden Beta
In the case of the search dialog popping up when CE is started from the info screen, a change needs to be made to the file DialogVideoInfo.xml.

Existing
Code:
                    <control type="button" id="13">
                        <description>Cinema Script</description>
                        <include>ButtonInfoDialogsCommonValues</include>
                        <label>$LOCALIZE[31212]</label>
                        <onclick>Playlist.Clear</onclick>
                        <onclick>Dialog.Close(MovieInformation)</onclick>
                        <onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.cinema.experience)</onclick>
                        <visible>system.hasaddon(script.cinema.experience) + Container.Content(movies)</visible>
                    </control>

Needed
Code:
                    <control type="button" id="20">
                        <description>Cinema Script</description>
                        <include>ButtonInfoDialogsCommonValues</include>
                        <label>$LOCALIZE[31212]</label>
                        <onclick>Playlist.Clear</onclick>
                        <onclick>Dialog.Close(MovieInformation)</onclick>
                        <onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.cinema.experience)</onclick>
                        <visible>system.hasaddon(script.cinema.experience) + Container.Content(movies)</visible>
                    </control>

The reason this needs to be done is because there was a change in XBMC.
I got it working too. But for some reason, it works properly only once after I restart XBMC. When I go in first time into the movies page and select the movie, go to information and Cinema play, the intro plays followed by trailer from apple and then the special feature and then the movie(just as i set it).

But the next time when I play the movie the same way, the intro plays and hangs. Only way to get it working is restarting xbmc. However I think the issue is with CE rather than the skin as the same problem occurs in AEON. Any help?
ramki_thepower Wrote:I got it working too. But for some reason, it works properly only once after I restart XBMC. When I go in first time into the movies page and select the movie, go to information and Cinema play, the intro plays followed by trailer from apple and then the special feature and then the movie(just as i set it).

But the next time when I play the movie the same way, the intro plays and hangs. Only way to get it working is restarting xbmc. However I think the issue is with CE rather than the skin as the same problem occurs in AEON. Any help?

Make sure to go into the Cinema Experience settings and double check everything - make certain the Enable Pre-Eden option is enabled and then all should be good.
-stoli-
stoli Wrote:Make sure to go into the Cinema Experience settings and double check everything - make certain the Enable Pre-Eden option is enabled and then all should be good.

I don't think the pre-Eden switch does anything anymore(left overs from when it was a Dharma/Eden version Confused ) could be wrong... Just need to make sure that the version of Cinema Experience being used is 2.0.53.
ramki_thepower Wrote:I got it working too. But for some reason, it works properly only once after I restart XBMC. When I go in first time into the movies page and select the movie, go to information and Cinema play, the intro plays followed by trailer from apple and then the special feature and then the movie(just as i set it).

Sometime XBMC hangs when streamed trailers are played after a local video.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cinema Experience script0