TV Shows Library not working [iOS] [Windows 7]
Last week my TV Shows randomly disappeared from my TV Shows library except for one season of South Park; they are still accessible via Files.

As an example I added a folder as a separate TV Show SMB share and set the content to TV and ran an automated scan. From what I can tell the TV Scraper is correctly finding the information from the net but something else is happening afterwards. Both my ATV2 and Windows machine cannot get folders to show up in the TV Library.

Link to Debug Log

I also have a second Debug Log where I readded the TV Show folder and it shows how South Park successfully adds but the rest do not

Second Debug Log link (pastebin was down)
Have you hidden watched shows?
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
I checked and that doesn't seem to be the case.

I'm going to guess it has something to do with the file names, maybe I need to run one of those programs to generate NFO files

Edit: Ok I created an NFO file in my Friday Night Lights folder for the TV show and the scraper picked it up no problem. It looks like information for individual files is not supported.
akevit Wrote:I checked and that doesn't seem to be the case.

I'm going to guess it has something to do with the file names, maybe I need to run one of those programs to generate NFO files

Edit: I tried generating an NFO file for one of the shows and it didn't pick it up

It needs to be like: Server -> TV -> Friday Night Lights -> Season 1 -> files (e.g. s01E01, S01E02 etc.)

If you look at
Code:
11:34:22 T:6312   DEBUG: ADDON::CScraper::FindMovie: Searching for 'friday night lights s01e03 720' using The TVDB scraper (path: 'C:\Users\mrcomputer\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\metadata.tvdb.com', content: 'tvshows', version: '1.2.3')
it is looking for the title of the show as "friday night lights s01e03 720 as your folder is called "/TV/Friday.Night.Lights.Season1.720p.x264.AC3.5.1/friday.night.lights.s01e03.720.hdtv.ac3.5.1.x264-ctu.mkv" which might be confusing it?
Set Up
deanmv Wrote:It needs to be like: Server -> TV -> Friday Night Lights -> Season 1 -> files (e.g. s01E01, S01E02 etc.)

If you look at
Code:
11:34:22 T:6312   DEBUG: ADDON::CScraper::FindMovie: Searching for 'friday night lights s01e03 720' using The TVDB scraper (path: 'C:\Users\mrcomputer\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\metadata.tvdb.com', content: 'tvshows', version: '1.2.3')
it is looking for the title of the show as "friday night lights s01e03 720 as your folder is called "/TV/Friday.Night.Lights.Season1.720p.x264.AC3.5.1/friday.night.lights.s01e03.720.hdtv.ac3.5.1.x264-ctu.mkv" which might be confusing it?

The actual filename is friday.night.lights.s01e03.720.hdtv.ac3.5.1.x264-ctu.mkv, I'm not sure if I'm understanding you correctly. But I figured out the NFO file, I needed to just link to the series not the individual season to get it to work for most of my shows. Some that were downloaded from another site are all in RAR files and only half of those worked. So for Friday Night Lights Season 1 for example, I put a file named tvshow.nfo that only contained a link to the series (http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=79337&lid=7) in the Season 1 folder and it scraped all the data correctly.

Is it correct that XBMC currently does not support single show NFO files? It needs to be in folders labeled by series?
What I mean is here

Code:
11:33:27 T:4420   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No NFO file found. Using title search for 'smb://mrcomputer6850/TV/America's Test Kitchen Season 10/'

11:33:27 T:4420   DEBUG: ADDON::CScraper::FindMovie: Searching for 'America's Test Kitchen Season 10' using The TVDB scraper (path: 'C:\Users\mrcomputer\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\metadata.tvdb.com', content: 'tvshows', version: '1.2.3')

It is asking TVDB to search for a TV SHOW called "America's Test Kitchen Season 10" NOT "America's test Kitchen".

Using this show as an example you have "mrcomputer6850/TV/America's Test Kitchen Season 10/" where as you need to have "mrcomputer6850/TV/America's Test Kitchen/Season 10/*files*

If that makes more sense?
Set Up
Ah ok I see what you mean, it needs to be organized by TV Show / Seasons / Episodes. That makes sense but I guess I won't be able to use the scraper in that regards if I need to seed files. At least adding the tvshow.nfo file will fix the problem most of the time it appears, and that's not too much work. Thanks for helping me understand.
akevit Wrote:Ah ok I see what you mean, it needs to be organized by TV Show / Seasons / Episodes. That makes sense but I guess I won't be able to use the scraper in that regards if I need to seed files. At least adding the tvshow.nfo file will fix the problem most of the time it appears, and that's not too much work. Thanks for helping me understand.

Yeah that should be the problem. Whichever is easiest is obviously best but for more automation etc I just prefer scrapers. More about naming conventions etc here http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=TV_...eo_Library)
Set Up
deanmv Wrote:Yeah that should be the problem. Whichever is easiest is obviously best but for more automation etc I just prefer scrapers. More about naming conventions etc here http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=TV_...eo_Library)

Well I guess the problem as I see it is that after downloading the shows I'd either need to manually rename them to fit the scraper naming convention or I'd need to add the NFO file. I think I've read about customizing the scrapers or adding your own so that they can be read properly, but until I can scrape individual shows I think I'll hold off. Most of what I watch is current and at the moment they're all downloaded into the root TV Shows folder.

I guess what I could do is set up my downloads to go directly into a TV Shows\TV_SHOW_NAME folder then in each of those TV_SHOW_NAME folders have an NFO file that links to the series.
Just to finish up this post I now have a semi-automatic way of scraping my TV Shows library for individual TV Shows and episodes. The initial setup is creating a subfolder for each TV Show then placing a tvshow.nfo file into each of the folders with a link to that show's TVDB page. Then in uTorrent I set my RSS downloader to assign the label TV\TV_SHOW_NAME to each show (each show needs to be setup separately) so that it will download to that folder. So now I have my shows organized by folder and the scraper will read the tvshow.nfo file and add it to my library automatically. So really the only part of the setup is adding the show to my RSS downloader in uTorrent then adding the show's NFO file to the folder.

Thanks again for the help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Shows Library not working [iOS] [Windows 7]0