[LIVE] Noobish questions
Long time lurker, first time poster.

I'm using Eden on dedicated Lappy in the living room & must say it's incredible so thanks to the devs & contributors.

Anyhoo, I have a P4 2.6 desktop with 1.25gb RAM & a Radeon AGP 9250 (I think) going spare that I'd like to set up for the bedroom to replace the xbmc'd xbox up there.
I've found a few threads on this but with differing opinions.

My vid card isn't supported by Win7 so i know hardware acceleration is a no no in windows, but I'd like to dual boot with LIVE from a USB if possible.

So my questions are as follows:
Will hardware acceleration work with my card in LIVE?
If not, will a PCI card do the trick (a cheapy, I'd rather keep costs to a minimum)? I have no PCIe slots on my board.

The reason I want to dual boot is that I'd also like to use this machine to rip my Blu-Rays & I have zero Linux experience so would like to stick to Windows for this task.
Which leads me to my second question; would this machine be capable of ripping Blu-Rays? I know it'd probably take an age but that's no biggy.

Also would i be able to play 1080p content on this machine even if I wasn't displaying it in 1080? I'll be hooking this machine up via VGA to the LCD so I won't be displaying in 1080 but would still like to view the movies I have on my server that are encoded in this resolution.

Again, thanks for the awesome software, apologies for all the text & dumb questions & I'll be donating real soon!
well get a Nvidia PCI card,,
example

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6814500228

http://www.superbiiz.com/detail.php?p=ZT...795d78accc
Saw that card on a couple of threads & have been looking for one in the UK, no joy yet though Sad
u checked on ebay?
Yeah, couldn't find the model mentioned though.
Found this one though, would it be good enough?

*edit* having read through the specs, I see it has DX11, which is what I need right?
m7cky Wrote:Yeah, couldn't find the model mentioned though.
Found this one though, would it be good enough?

*edit* having read through the specs, I see it has DX11, which is what I need right?

There's a bunch of cheaper cards if you search for "GeForce GT 520"
Noli illegitimi carborundum

Thanks.
Just searched & found nothing though. Plenty of PCIe cards, but no PCI Sad
Looks like I'm out of luck anyway. Seems they need a 300w PSU & I'm running a 250w.
Not about to start upgrading everything, rather start from scratch.

Thanks for all your help guys!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] Noobish questions0