[AppleTV2] Are the Lion 10.7.2 shares issue solved?
Guys...

I'm on Lion 10.7.2 and of course lost XBMC on my aTV when I upgraded from Snow Leopard.

Its been a while since I've checked in here (I had the link bookmarked) to check and see if the shares issue had been resolved. I've come back today and can't find a trace about the problem that used to be a sticky as far as I can remember.

Has the issue been resolved?...If so...how? I did hear rumblings a while back about "eden". Not sure what that is...not sure if this has resolved the problem.

Hope someone can help on this.

Thanks in advance
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...hlight=AFP
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
deanmv Wrote:http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...hlight=AFP

AH!....That's the very topic!....

Thanks for that Dean!

m
vintageb3 Wrote:AH!....That's the very topic!....

Thanks for that Dean!

m

For some reason it had been un-stickied but you were looking in the right place when it was stickied.
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
I can't make head nor tail out of that topic now....looks like there is a solution, but I'm not sure if its working for all?

Will post over there...

Thanks again mate!

m
There are two solutions, a) install samba3 from macports and use that, b) use xbmc's internal afpclient.
davilla Wrote:There are two solutions, a) install samba3 from macports and use that, b) use xbmc's internal afpclient.

Which would be best to use Davilla?

Thanks in advance!
vintageb3 Wrote:Which would be best to use Davilla?

Thanks in advance!

If you have luck and internal afp client doesn't crash for you - its the best option. Some don't have that luck and in that case samba3 or nfs are the only solutions (at least for full blown protocols with write access and library support)...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz Wrote:If you have luck and internal afp client doesn't crash for you - its the best option. Some don't have that luck and in that case samba3 or nfs are the only solutions (at least for full blown protocols with write access and library support)...

Hi Memphiz...

Thanks of the reply...I seem to have AFP working, but I have asked elsewhere on the forum why the video is blurred...or of a lesser quality that say Media player. I don't think I'm out of the woods there.

I did have sharing out to an external drive with XMBC on Snow Leopard. I can't either work this out on Lion using this AFP solution...or i can't remember how i did it.

Will look at this again tonight.

As I said....Thanks!

m

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] Are the Lion 10.7.2 shares issue solved?0