Eden Horizontal Confluence - Show full fan art?
Just took my first "real" steps into XBMC on a PC with Eden tonight, and i'm really loving how far advanced it is from what i last used on my xbox.

I do have some questions about confluence though.

1. Many fan art images are covered up by the posters at the bottom of the screen in the fan art movie view. Is there a command that allows me to "hide" or make the posters more transparent so the full art is visible? if not, is there a mod that allows a bit more of the fan art to show up and not be quite as covered up?

2. Are there additional view options that can be downloaded and added easily? It seems like there should be a few more choices as far as views are concerned (Ex: Music Videos seems to be missing a Fan Art style view, one with CD art in place of movie poster, and fan art/screenshot as the fan art.

Thanks@
You should try mad-max's Confluence-Modded. Some additional ViewTypes, more to come soon (take a look at the last threadpages) and a bunch of brilliant modifications in there.
Nice hint maetrik ;-)
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
thanks guys!

started using it and it's actually pretty damned good. Kudos!

(and mods, if this needs to be moved please do, since it's no longer dealing with Confluence pure)

A few issues/questions:

1. Showcase view almost instantly became my view for movies, but i was wondering how difficult it would be to "flip" the bottom bar positions around, particularly moving the text and symbols above the poster list and moving the posters physically lower. Also, i'd like to make the background bar for the posters more transparent to show more of the fan art behind it

2. I installed TVTheme and really like it, but i'm wondering if it is possible to have the theme start to play while you are hovering over the title, not just browsing around inside. I assume this is related to the skin interacting with the add-on, though if i'm barking up the wrong tree here i'll take it to that forum.
A Murder of Crows Wrote:1. Showcase view almost instantly became my view for movies, but i was wondering how difficult it would be to "flip" the bottom bar positions around, particularly moving the text and symbols above the poster list and moving the posters physically lower. Also, i'd like to make the background bar for the posters more transparent to show more of the fan art behind it

2. I installed TVTheme and really like it, but i'm wondering if it is possible to have the theme start to play while you are hovering over the title, not just browsing around inside. I assume this is related to the skin interacting with the add-on, though if i'm barking up the wrong tree here i'll take it to that forum.

1. this should be quite simple...
I can rearrange the items and upload the xml...

2. this is restricted a bit by skin and a bit by the script itself...
AFAIK this is quite a lot of re-coding the implementation of the script...
As all skins use TVTunes the same way I do not think I will change the behaviour...

mad-max
mad-max Wrote:1. this should be quite simple...
I can rearrange the items and upload the xml...

2. this is restricted a bit by skin and a bit by the script itself...
AFAIK this is quite a lot of re-coding the implementation of the script...
As all skins use TVTunes the same way I do not think I will change the behaviour...

mad-max

A fanart-centric "Showcase 2" view would be awesome :-)

too bad about TVTunes. it seems like it would be so much more appropriate if it started when you "selected" it

thanks for your hard work!
A Murder of Crows Wrote:Just took my first "real" steps into XBMC on a PC with Eden tonight, and i'm really loving how far advanced it is from what i last used on my xbox.

I do have some questions about confluence though.

1. Many fan art images are covered up by the posters at the bottom of the screen in the fan art movie view. Is there a command that allows me to "hide" or make the posters more transparent so the full art is visible? if not, is there a mod that allows a bit more of the fan art to show up and not be quite as covered up?

2. Are there additional view options that can be downloaded and added easily? It seems like there should be a few more choices as far as views are concerned (Ex: Music Videos seems to be missing a Fan Art style view, one with CD art in place of movie poster, and fan art/screenshot as the fan art.

Thanks@

hey there i made a small change to mad-max's confluence mod because i wanted the same thing i wanted to get rid of the large poster and logos and just see the rightlist text and the fanart mad-max was very generous in helping me out as it was my first attempt at this he told me what file to modify what i should be looking for in the xml and where to place that xml

i did post this on the last couple of pages of mad-max's thread but here is the link for my mod of mad-max's mod so basically a mod of a mod Smile

anyways this will get rid of the posters and logos and hopefully give you the view you want

here is a picture of how it looks (note that i made two mods one with red text as seen in the picture and then the regular white text which i am using now)
http://i40.tinypic.com/16lbdjm.jpg

here is the original post on that thread and below is a direct link
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=972...tcount=145

Red Text
http://www.mediafire.com/?f689a0w0k38bd2g

White Text
http://www.mediafire.com/?qd9wh6w9b2mfffy
protocol77 Wrote:hey there i made a small change to mad-max's confluence mod because i wanted the same thing i wanted to get rid of the large poster and logos and just see the rightlist text and the fanart mad-max was very generous in helping me out as it was my first attempt at this he told me what file to modify what i should be looking for in the xml and where to place that xml

i did post this on the last couple of pages of mad-max's thread but here is the link for my mod of mad-max's mod so basically a mod of a mod Smile

anyways this will get rid of the posters and logos and hopefully give you the view you want

here is a picture of how it looks (note that i made two mods one with red text as seen in the picture and then the regular white text which i am using now)
http://i40.tinypic.com/16lbdjm.jpg

here is the original post on that thread and below is a direct link
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=972...tcount=145

http://www.mediafire.com/?k5nx7r8p9nrgbhr

Hi!

I appreciate the response, but upon looking at the image, you and i have very very different ideas.

i do not like the right-side text view at all. I was looking at Showcase, which in and of itself seems to be a modification of the "fanart" view.

In showcase, there are helpful informational logos under the poster listings, along with the title. This whole section takes up the bottom 1/8th of the screen, and it's all placed on top of a dark, slightly transparent background, layered over the fanart.

i like seeing the fan art, and in almost every fan art i've seen, the bottom isn't nearly as important as the top, but the posters (and the dark background) cover it up.

initially, i was thinking about the possibility of scaling the fan art down a tad bit and placing it above the posters as an option, though i have a feeling that i won't like it as much.

instead, i'd like to be mostly rid of the real problem in this view: the dark background. if it was lightened up significantly (still there, but just barely), it would allow sight of the fan art behind it MUCH better.

furthermore, if the title/logos area was moved above the posters and the posters moved down, we'd get even more visible space for the fan art, as you can still see "between" the logos.
A Murder of Crows Wrote:instead, i'd like to be mostly rid of the real problem in this view: the dark background. if it was lightened up significantly (still there, but just barely), it would allow sight of the fan art behind it MUCH better.

furthermore, if the title/logos area was moved above the posters and the posters moved down, we'd get even more visible space for the fan art, as you can still see "between" the logos.

Like this:

Download from the following link and replace in your 720p folder of the skin:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VXHALN3U

cheers,
mad-max
mad-max Wrote:Like this:

Download from the following link and replace in your 720p folder of the skin:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VXHALN3U

cheers,
mad-max

Nice work! of course, this totally points out a flaw in my idea....the title should still be centered, and the logos on both sides, but since the poster zooms, it covers it up when they are on top. the only way i can think of to fix it is to have the poster zoom "down" instead of up.

hmm, i need to think about this more. the actual goal is to make the fan art more visible. for sure lightening the background block helps, but the actual showcase view is "better" overall.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eden Horizontal Confluence - Show full fan art?0