XBMC crashes on ATV2 while music file search
Hi,

I have finally managed to set up my new ATV2 and could update my Library for movies etc. All working sweet! Now I attempted the next step to set up my Library for music. All prepared and scan has started on the correct server location. After only 10 seconds XBMC crashes and I have to start all over again.... What would be the problem? I have a 6TB Thecus NAS and my Itunes folder only contains 2.500 mp3 songs. I tunes had no problems scanning.
I had the same problems on my 2006 Intel Mac Mini and a Synology Diskstation 111 NAS. The Mac Mini was connected via DLNA/UPNP for videos and pictures to the NAS - the same maybe for your configuration...? I had only crashes, etc.,reading the pictures on my NAS. Then I set up an AFP connection in between the Mac Mini and the Diskstation - now it runs perfectly and the XBMC (EDEN BETA) library, etc. gets updated without problems or crashes.
I've been doing some reading and it seems that others could solve same problem by cleaning up the ID3 Tags. I have just downloaded TuneUp for iTunes and it seems a very nifty app. It has been running all night and will continue probably for another day or so..... then I will give it another go...fingers cross Tune Up is doing what it promises.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC crashes on ATV2 while music file search0