Is it possible to make scrolling in lists begin earlier?
Hi,

generally, when I am in any file list, like movies, songs, etc., I actually hate that when I step down the list entry by entry, the scrolling will not begin until I reach the end of the list, so that I do not really see the next entry.

Instead, is it possible to make scrolling already begin when you reached the middle of the list, i.e. when reaching half the number of lines, so that the selection always stays in the middle of the screen.

of course, you can pageup/down in lists, but this will not really move the selection to the desired position.

Do you know what I mean? I currently find scrolling through big lists very unvomfortable. Any way to change this?
You'll need to mod the skin you're using but I think you're after a 'fixedlist' with 'movement'.
Hitcher Wrote:You'll need to mod the skin you're using but I think you're after a 'fixedlist' with 'movement'.

Thanks alot, how can I activate that for the default skin? I am using the Eden "newyear" Beta, what exactly needs to be setup or altered?
Without looking it'll be one of the skin's views XML files.

You'll need to change type="list" to type="fixedlist" and then add <focusposition>n1</focusposition> and <movement>n2</movement> (where n1 is the middle of the list and n2 is the number of items from one end of the list to the middle).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is it possible to make scrolling in lists begin earlier?0