Generic Remote (Chinavision) Keymapping Question
Hi everyone. I'm using this guide for my keymapping, but my problem lies when I try to make one of the buttons function differently than it's currently programmed.

For instance, when I press the "My computer" button, no matter if I am in XBMC, if I have changed the keymap, nothing keeps it from bringing up My Computer.

I edited this line
Code:
<e mod="leftwindows">Notification(Key Pressed, LeftWin+E)</e> <!-- The My Computer Button -->
because I want it to display the context menu, so I changed notification the Context Menu, but it still brings up my computer.

The four buttons at the top which have no pre-determined uses are able to be mapped with no issues. According to the Wiki, all buttons on my remote are able to be mapped except the power button, so I don't understand why I can't map this button differently?

Any hints? Tips? Thanks Smile
I don't think it's possible to override Win-E in Windows as Windows grabs it before any other app gets a look in. It would be possible to override it in Linux.

JR
Keyboard mapping won't work in this case. You need to use eventghost to configure the remote. You can find it here.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Generic Remote (Chinavision) Keymapping Question0