DDS fanart on OSX
Skin navigation in library views is juddery in 10.6.8 when DDS is enabled in advancedsettings, even though the DDS should be already generated. In 10.7.2 navigation is smooth.

Is this known and expected behavior in Snow Leopard?

Setups:

Happens with every skin, even Confluence
XBMC Eden beta1
Mac mini 2010, 8GB, SSD, 10.6.8
Macbook late 2009, 4GB, SSD, 10.7.2

Both connecting over wireless N to UnRAID from which both media and thumbs are served over SMB (path substitution). Locally stored DDS fan art is just as slow in mini.

Debug logs from browsing in movie library first, then in music (sorry for the spam in the beginning, auto library updating was on)

For what it's worth my mac mini 2009 shows fanart smoothly without the need for dds. Both 10.6.8 and 1.7.2
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Mine too but that was not the point Big Grin I don't know if it's just my imagination but it feels just a little bit smoother when using DDS
Sorry I have never had to use dds, hence the suggestion that going without it may help. It was meant as alternative not as solution to you problem.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

No worries. This really is not a problem, just something i've been wondering about. Lion is crap in every possible way, this is the only thing that's working better in Lion.
Mini is also using Lion at the moment, and the fan art loading is still juddery.. So there goes that theory Big Grin It was not a fair comparison since Macbook has much lower resolution, that's the only difference i can think of that would cause this.

My original thought was that if something can be done using GPU, why not waste CPU for it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DDS fanart on OSX0