Menu Text problem (top half of every letter in the menu's is missing)
Sad 
I have just installed the latest stable version of xbmc on my windows XP (sp3) cmputer and I have a problem.

The text in the menu's is missing the upper half. Every word for example in the main menu where it has VIDEOS or MUSIC and PROGRAMS etc. Every letter is missing the top half.

Has anyone had this problem before? Or can anyone help me at all in where to start to get to the bottom of this. I've never used XBMC before so its a bit of an annoying start Laugh It looks amazing apart from that!

Any help much appreciated.
This generally means your vieo card is too old i.e. the drivers don't provide the DX support that XBMC needs. SiS chipsets are notorious for showing this problem. What video card is in your computer?

JR
Smile 
jhsrennie Wrote:This generally means your vieo card is too old i.e. the drivers don't provide the DX support that XBMC needs. SiS chipsets are notorious for showing this problem. What video card is in your computer?

JR

It's onboard SIS. So I suspect you've nailed it. Thanks.

Is there any settings I can use in XBMC that means it can be run with an older graphics card without DX support.

I installed MediaPortal this morning and it didn't have any problems with using my graphics card.

It's a shame because XBMC seems to be brilliant, but I can't justify spending money on a new graphics card. Sad
In theory there is still an OpenGL build of XBMC available, though I don't know where you'd get it from. This might work with the SiS video.

thebearnecessit Wrote:but I can't justify spending money on a new graphics card. Sad

These are hard times, but you should be able to find an NVIDIA 9400 or 8400 card on ebay for little money. I use a 9400GT card on my development machine and it works very well with XBMC. I think I paid about £15 (about $23) for it.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Menu Text problem (top half of every letter in the menu's is missing)0