New First Build On A Budget
Hello All,

First time post and first time venture into HTPC

I want something that pretty much will play most of my media content flawlessly if such a thing can be said, off either an external hdd or some form of internal storage.

Most will be mkv format with dts variants.

Freeview i am not too bothered about, its more the add ons and streaming stuff im after such as icefilms etc etc

Must be able to connect to my tv hdmi and also sound to my amp out put 5.1 if poss.

I was just looking at the emachine er1401 or the revo 3610 and 3700 seeing if their was much difference. About 1 week ago i was happy to purchase the er1401 until i found out it was discontinued so now i am looking for alternative but within a similar price range which i doubt im going to get now, but kinda gives you an idea what i was after.

I have also priced up a self build seeing what i can and have come up with many alternatives. I would be greatful if you can help me with my ideas or even suggest a build i could possibly get in budget.

This is what i have tonight come up with and seem to be sticking along the lines of 1155

Processor : Intel Pentium Dual Core G630T Or Intel Pentium Dual Core G630 (Does the £10 difference justify the 630T)
Motherboard : Gigabyte GA H61M D2H USB3
Ram : Corsair Memory XMS3 4GB DDR3 1333 Mhz
Case : Silverstone Milo / Antec Fusion Mediacentre / Novatech Media Centre

I was told to look at Celeron g530 as they are cheap and will do the job.

Forgot to add, im trying to do it all on £200

Thanks for reading

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New First Build On A Budget0