Ooba problems
i just dl'ed the most recent ooba and though it did fix most problems with comedy central, it still crashes sometimes for apparently no reason. i select a movie and it seems as if the movie is going to play but then it doesn't. after i am able to move the cursor again i tried to back out of the script and the box freezes. it's happened about 5 times since last night. i have all the updated versions of everything for the box and ooba is the only script that i am having problems with. please help me phunck.
hmmm... you say it is happening with videos? can you be more specific with the kind of videos this is happening with.

i found a bug yesterday that might be causing this. but it should only affect opening of .rpm and .asx files. xbmc chrashes if you try to play these kinds of files, and therefore ooba parses these files before playing them. however, that parsing does not happen if the file already is in the cache. i think your problem might be caused by that. this will be fixed in the next version.
i don't remember all the videos that wouldn't work for me but i do remember that on the comedy central beat the geeks, some of the geek videos were rm file extensions i believe and those would seem as if they were going to load and just stop. great work on this script phunck, i find it more entertaining then most other scripts. when can we expect an updated version? :kickass:
i just want to add to the comment above, i also have run into these probs, and yes, it seems to be the cache, for the most part. but, i'm still having problems with areas in comedy central like "who's line is it anyways?", i havent been able to get any of them to work. they havent seemed to play for the last few releases of ooba. other then that, :kickass: you got me my chappelle show... that alone makes this the best script yet Wink (mind you the other sites too, but who needs'em?? it's chappelle show..) lol

keep up the awesome work!! :kickass:
thank thriftynomad for the comedycentral patterns. :-)

yes it is .rm files that xbmc doesn't like to play. i suppose that depends on exactly what codecs you have installed and what version of real media is in the rm file. i doubt that there is anything that me or the xbmc developers can do about it. however, i have requested that xbmc somehow can be made invulnerable to these kind of chrashes. it is quite annoying that the box freezes.

my request: http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....t=12616
would we be able to fix the codecs by just placing one in the xbox? i imagine it would be far more complicated then that but it doesn't hurt to ask. still a great script though phunck. keep up the good work. could you ask the man who hooked up comedy central to fix some of the links. i think they changed some stuff like the south park. thats not working anymore.
the problem with southpark seems to be a problem with comedycentrals "mediaplayer": http://www.comedycentral.com/mp/browse.jhtml

i suppose they will fix it soon, so there is no need to change the ooba patterns.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ooba problems0