Background Issue / Question
Hi - I am using Eden with an AppleTV 2 / version 4.4 OS. I place custom background images in /private/var/mobile/media. I placed a file in that folder and called it movie_2.jpg. I then realized that the file I sent down was low res so I FTP'd back in and replaced the image with entirely new one (totally different image) with the same file name. When I go into settings and try to bring up the new image (customizing backgrounds), it is still showing the old low res image. I did validate that I replaced the file. I even go into the directory and delete it and then go back in and replace it. For some reason, the older / original low res file still shows up yet the file that is in the directory is an entirely different image? It is like it is caching the file name or something. I am not sure how to fix this. I am sure it is something simple. Thanks for the help.
Should I try deleting my userdata folder and start over? This is really a strange issue.
Change the name of the file and do the settings to the new name. Reboot?
g-off Wrote:Change the name of the file and do the settings to the new name. Reboot?

Changing the filename works and then it does pull the correct image. But if I keep the same filename yet still load a different image, for some reason it caches the old image associating it with the file name. Really strange. Tried rebooting / no change.

I don't mind changing the filename by the way to fix the issue, it just bugs me that I don't know what the root cause is.....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Background Issue / Question0