Problem playing DVDs
Hope someone can help.

I have just replaced a Ubuntu 10.10 installation on an Intel D525MW (dual core Atom) HTPC with WinXP. The PC drives a Samsung 40" C530 TV.

Under Unbuntu, I had no problems playing DVDs in XBMC, but now I do!

The DVD seems to play ok in XBMC, but when you try to watch it full screen, the TV reports that the resolution is unsupported.

DVDs play perfectly using PowerDVD so no problem with the DVD drive or direct interface with the TV.

Any ideas?

Thanks
sam4a
Did you do this in XBMC "Video Output" setting?

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Thanks bluray

I'll give it a try

sam4a
Enable debug logging from System settings, System, Debugging, and restart XBMC then wait a minute or two for all the startup tasks to finish. Now play the offending DVD for a minute or two then stop it and close XBMC.

Open the debug log by pressing Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

"%appdata%\xbmc\xbmc.log"

(including the quotes). Click OK and the log should open in Notepad. Copy and paste the log into http://pastebin.com/ and post the link it gives you here.

The log will show us exactly what XBMC is doing when it plays the DVD. My guess is that it's changing the refresh rate to a value that your TV doesn't support.

JR
Hi both

thanks for the responses. bluray's settings were what I had already.

I will try to do what you ask jr, but the PC is not here - it is at my son-in-law's and I am not sure if he can run the log - but we'll try!

I'm pretty sure your guess is right!

Sam4a
Hi jr

looks like the problem has solved itself. Whether enabling the debug log did it or not, I don't know (no reason why it should)

thanks for your help

Sam4a

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem playing DVDs0