right forum to ask a dumb question in?
Hello I'm interested in learning how to skin and was wondering if this is the right forum to ask dumb questions in? ....LOL is there a noob skinner help forum?...... can there be? you know where we can ask questions about how to do something and the skinning elite can show off for us? LOL

I have been messing around trying to put all the pieces together... braking things, fixing things (sometimes) and looking through the wiki and the tutorials but I'm having a hard time because there is soooo much info to sort through.

anyway I have to find a way to show text if the image is not available....

Code:
texture>$INFO[Skin.String(Music_Folder_Path)]$INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist]/logo.png</texture>

but if the image is not there I want to use this
Code:
<label>$INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist]</label>

from what I have been able to figure out I would use a visible tag or not visible? for this right? would this all need to be in one container?

P.S. I'm using cirrus 2 extended with Eden B1 on a win7
Muther Wrote:Hello I'm interested in learning how to skin and was wondering if this is the right forum to ask dumb questions in? ....LOL is there a noob skinner help forum?...... can there be? you know where we can ask questions about how to do something and the skinning elite can show off for us? LOL

I have been messing around trying to put all the pieces together... braking things, fixing things (sometimes) and looking through the wiki and the tutorials but I'm having a hard time because there is soooo much info to sort through.

anyway I have to find a way to show text if the image is not available....

Code:
texture>$INFO[Skin.String(Music_Folder_Path)]$INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist]/logo.png</texture>

but if the image is not there I want to use this
Code:
<label>$INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist]</label>

from what I have been able to figure out I would use a visible tag or not visible? for this right? would this all need to be in one container?

P.S. I'm using cirrus 2 extended with Eden B1 on a win7

Just let me know which view you want to edit and i'll see if i can help you.

Normally you can first ask in the skin subforum, else post your questions in skinning dev thread, noob or not ... we all where noobs in the beginning Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
right forum to ask a dumb question in?0