Playback frame rate vs atv2 video settings
I am not an expert but I guess it is always some problem to render stream properly when it is eg. 25 fps and you sent it with 30 fps speed or such.

I found for most my videos picture is smoother when 720p@50Hz is set in atv2 Audio/Video settings while for 720@60Hz there is very very slight but constant shattering that most people do not pay attention to.

How does a real palyback frame rete depend on atv2 video mode generic settings and video stream properties?

I am trying to find optimal setup for smooth playback on atv2 (4.4.4 jailbroken / Eden Beta 1).
I think the problem is that the refresh rate is not able to be modified by xbmc. It is stuck with whatever is set in the ATV2 settings.
g-off Wrote:I think the problem is that the refresh rate is not able to be modified by xbmc. It is stuck with whatever is set in the ATV2 settings.

That's my guess and I think this hint from FAQ:

Disable playback sync completely, XBMC > Settings > Video > Playback > turn off "Sync playback to display"

regards the way how xbmc performs in this matter but I'd like to know a bit more how it really works.
Is A/V sync out of scope of this setting and adjusted by Audio synchronization parameters according to actual Video behaviour?

I am happy with current performance Smile No network, buffering or other issues... so it's just time for fine-tuning.
It still doesn't change the screen refresh from 50 to 60Hz where it would be an advantage.

There are options that control the behaviour when a/v get out of sync after seeking or buffering with regards to what gets dropped/duped to match them up again.

Unfortunately judder is a fact of life ATM unless you want to exit from xbmc and change the 50/60 hz thing all the time.
Does anyone know if 24p will ever be supported on the AppleTV2?
dfiler Wrote:Does anyone know if 24p will ever be supported on the AppleTV2?

No.
This is the problem I'm having with my ATV2. All movies are dropping frames. I'm using only good MKV ones and one my other media center they play just fine. Synchronizing A/V to audio clock helps a bit, but still it's far from perfect. ATV2 with XBMC is not usable for me at all. Probably I see what most of people can't see :/
It is maybe not exactly about refresh rate but somehow close Smile.

Playing with different refreshing and resolution I tried to set 1024x768 resolution in ATV2 settings and XBMC still reports 1280x720 resolution... and the frame rate is lower than for 720p.

Is the resolution for XBMC@Atv2 fixed and for any other modes we have downscaling that affects performance?
xbmc.logs in debug mode, people.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playback frame rate vs atv2 video settings0