• 24(current)
[RELEASE] Radio Add-on (rad.io, radio.de, radio.fr, radio.pt, radio.es) Music Plugin
Thanks for the info

IE: I live in South Florida and so I login to the website, then I'll click on Local and save 10 of the local stations I listen too. then I'll go to Kodi and click on one of the Favs saved and only one plays all other have no stream, but they do work from the site on the browser. I'm on Kodi 16

(2016-11-23, 22:20)black_eagle Wrote:
(2016-11-23, 22:10)DJB628 Wrote: I tried this addon, and most stations don't work, I assume support on this addon has stopped ?? If I login to the Tunein site all stations play, out of 10 saved on Kodi, only one works, any suggestions.

Regardless of whether or not support for the add-on has stopped, I don't have any issues with it.

What you need to bear in mind is that the add-on is dependant upon the website(s) that it connects to having the information you require. For instance, the rad.io website no longer contains details for 'Planet Rock', yet I added this into my favourites over two years ago and the add-on still plays the station just fine, despite it not appearing in any lists within it.

If you are having issues, perhaps if you provide some examples of what isn't working for you, then someone may be able to offer some advice.
OK, I'm in the UK, but it shouldn't really matter as long as there is no geo-blocking in place.

Do you have an example of something that you have saved that doesn't work, along with the one that does ?
Learning Linux the hard way !!
I'm not and home now, but all then locals from Palm Beach don't work on Kodi, but all work on the browser, 105.9, 97.9 etc

(2016-11-23, 23:39)black_eagle Wrote: OK, I'm in the UK, but it shouldn't really matter as long as there is no geo-blocking in place.

Do you have an example of something that you have saved that doesn't work, along with the one that does ?
Hmm I usually listen to 181.fm radio stations and they worked great with slideshow artist however 2 weeks
ago these stations will start with artist info but will not refresh the next artist info at all anyone have any ideas why ?
(2016-11-25, 02:01)rew88 Wrote: Hmm I usually listen to 181.fm radio stations and they worked great with slideshow artist however 2 weeks
ago these stations will start with artist info but will not refresh the next artist info at all anyone have any ideas why ?

If the artist/track info is updating in Kodi, then it's likely an update to AS has broken something with regards to streaming although it could be related to the sites that AS searches for art. I believe some changes have been made in that area recently.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Could my issue also be something in the settings that I need to set ?? default has only MP3 check marked, so I check mark all ??

Since I am still having issues with the Tunein radio addon, are there any other addons for radio stations ??
Hi,

If I tune in a station and switch to full-screen mode then switching back to station list it may take a long time while the addon builds the list again depending on the lenght ot the list. It is a bit annoying when bowsing stations.
Is it possible to keep the active list in the background or cache it somehow to speed up the operation?
(2016-11-25, 08:43)black_eagle Wrote:
(2016-11-25, 02:01)rew88 Wrote: Hmm I usually listen to 181.fm radio stations and they worked great with slideshow artist however 2 weeks

If the artist/track info is updating in Kodi, then it's likely an update to AS has broken something with regards to streaming although it could be related to the sites that AS searches for art. I believe some changes have been made in that area recently.

It is indeed not an as fault I believe the fault is in the pap player as I can open the stream in vlc player and the artist info shows up and changes
very strange other radio streams work correctly
Hi,

I wanted to request a feature. Is it possible to add a few Kannada Language radio channels to this? Please let me know how I can help in bringing up this language in the list of languages with at least one station in it.
(2016-12-01, 07:15)rew88 Wrote:
(2016-11-25, 08:43)black_eagle Wrote:

It is indeed not an as fault I believe the fault is in the pap player as I can open the stream in vlc player and the artist info shows up and changes
very strange other radio streams work correctly
Well i installed kodi 17 rc1 and now I get the information on screen it looks like it was the pap player
(2016-12-04, 17:44)vishnuys Wrote: Hi,

I wanted to request a feature. Is it possible to add a few Kannada Language radio channels to this? Please let me know how I can help in bringing up this language in the list of languages with at least one station in it.

The station list is maintained by radio.net. The addon only reads the information from this site. Contact them directly.
You can also add your stations locally in the addon, however those stations will not appear on other devices.
Hi,

I have an issue with this addon on Kodi Krypton. If I switch to fullscreen music playing and back to station list, then list is not cached, instead it is always populated by the addon. In case of longer lists it may take long time. The problem is described here including videos demonstrating the difference between Kodi Jarvis and Krypton.
I got a response that playlist caching is removed in new Kodi releases and the addon should do this.

I would like this caching implemented as station browsing got painfully slow on low performance system like RPi.
Hello forum,
I confirm what has been reported by magy77 in post #301: when a station is opened from Favourites (the "star" button on the lower left of the screen), the station logo does not show in full screen mode. The logo is shown correctly when the same station was invoked from the Radio add-on menus.
I run OSMC on RaspberryPi.
I checked the favourites.xml as suggested in a subsequent post by Sphere (#303) and the logo's URL is present and correct.
A fix would be appreciated!
Otherwise I like the add-on very much, and use it all the time!
Hi, I believe there's a bug in the Radio Add-on: radio.de. I can't give you a lot of info, but here's what happens on my system. I'm running Amazon Fire TV, using version 15.0 of Kodi. I am going to update to v17 soon, and will verify whether the bug persists. I have a home IoT thing going and many of the IoT functions involve using the Kodi JSON-RPC api to trigger Kodi activities. I am getting reliable instability (you can quote me on that turn of a phrase) when I do the following:

Use the radio.de plugin
Display an image on Kodi.

I'm using the Aeon Nox skin and I've got background images on each of the menu options (movies, music, system, power, etc). Once I use the radio.de plugin the ability to show images destablizes. The background images stop showing, and activities that display an image (via user action or the API) will work, but from that point on kodi will crash the entire fire TV at some random(ish) point in the near future.

I know that's not a lot to go on, and I'll report if this still happens on v17RC when I upgrade.

I have not been able to replicate this bug using the NPR plugin. The stations we listen to with radio.de are mostly NPR, so for now this is a good work around.

Thanks, Scott
Does anyone know of a way to get the station logo and play bar to time out and hide like it used to? The way it is now kind of gets in the way of the visualizations.
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Radio Add-on (rad.io, radio.de, radio.fr, radio.pt, radio.es) Music Plugin5