New here thinking about migrating from MediaPortal
Hey all i've been using MediaPortal but i'm getting tired of breaking something when-ever i update or add-on something.
So i'll be installing another harddrive and installing XBMC to see what it has to offer..
I've been trolling xbmc forum for a while researching and doing my homework. but now its time to pull the trigger..
below is the equipment i'm using.

Windows Version: Win7 Ultimate
CPU Type: Intel Duo E8400 3.0GHz
HDD: Sata Drives 80GB and 6x 1TB; NAS 4x 1TB
Memory: 8 GB
Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P P45 775 R
Video Card: Asus ATI 5750
Sound Card: Using ATI's pass-trough
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Comcast
HTPC Case: SilverStone GD01B-MXR
Remote: iMon
TV: Sony KDS-60A3000
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI
Receiver: Onkyo HT-xxxx cant remember the exact model..

any tips advice will be greatly appreciated..
It should all just work. XBMC is a tidy app so don't be afraid of installing it. The installation won't mess around with Windows and XBMC uninstalls cleanly.

JR
I am a old mediaportal user and let me just say xbmc is just so much stable and easier to use its crazy how easy it is to configure
thanks guys..

quick question/s.. are there any limitations for xbmc such as
bitstreaming HD audio over HDMI
playing blueray movies like it would do dvds..
will its play a m2ts file

just simple yes/no answers will suffice.. i'll search the forum on how to implement them..

i do see that iMon is kinda supported which i'm happy about i've just gotta read some more to see what it cannot do..
ToXIc69 Wrote:thanks guys..

quick question/s.. are there any limitations for xbmc such as
bitstreaming HD audio over HDMI
playing blueray movies like it would do dvds..
will its play a m2ts file

just simple yes/no answers will suffice.. i'll search the forum on how to implement them..

i do see that iMon is kinda supported which i'm happy about i've just gotta read some more to see what it cannot do..

Bitstreaming HD audio and playing Blu-rays are not native to XBMC but can be done with external player software. Wink

M2TS file can be played by XBMC Nod
Loft - Intel I5-3570K, Asus P8Z77-LX, Corsair 16GB DDR3, AMD HD 7700, AOC 27" LCD
Bedroom - Intel I3-530, Intel DH55HC, Corsair 4GB DDR3, Nvidia G610, Samsung 37" HDTV
Living Room - Intel E8400, Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H, 4GB DDR2, Nvidia G610, Samsung 52" HDTV
hey thanks man..
ok so i'm running xbmc 10.1 on a lap laptop to get familiarized with the interface and everything..

but i'm currently stuck.. i'm looking for Apple Movie Trailer app but cant find it in the addon section..

edit: found it... i had to add the google repo..
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=870...tcount=698
Hi ToXIc69,

just quickly wanted to chime in and say that I did exactly the same thing some years ago (for similar reasons) and everything went very smoothly. The process of adding sources for the library view seemed a little chaotic in earlier versions, but since file view is mostly gone no I would say just go for it...

I second the notion that most likely everything will "just work" with XBMC.
i'm looking forward to enjoying xbmc...
got a stupid question peeps..

my install is almost done.. but in my home screen i have videos.. but not movies like should in these youtube videos..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuDs0HV0Pls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQlahjowAcU

in mediaportal Movies (or moving pictures which is what MP calls it) wasnt native and needed to be added..

whats the XBMC name for it.. i searched "movies" but it brought up tons of results.

edit: using aeon nox skin

edit:2 gonna load Aeon MQ3
on initial install xbmc lumps both movies and tv shows under one home screen button called videos.

go into settings, home screen menu, turn off videos and turn on movies and tv shows.

you will now have separate buttons for the two.
Loft - Intel I5-3570K, Asus P8Z77-LX, Corsair 16GB DDR3, AMD HD 7700, AOC 27" LCD
Bedroom - Intel I3-530, Intel DH55HC, Corsair 4GB DDR3, Nvidia G610, Samsung 37" HDTV
Living Room - Intel E8400, Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H, 4GB DDR2, Nvidia G610, Samsung 52" HDTV
i'll check it out thanks..
got it.. with the Aeon MQ3 skin there was a section to activate different views..

one thing that's bothering me now pertaining to movies is that i cant see "unwatched movies" only all and recently added..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New here thinking about migrating from MediaPortal0